USD 489 is accepting applications for GPS Paraeducators at Hays High School. Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalency.
5.75 hours per day, Monday through Friday, only on days when school is in session.
Start Date: ASAP
To Make Application, apply online:
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Must have high school diploma or equivalency.
3. Must have the ability to communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with both children and adults.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Take attendance each class period according to the attendance strategy of each teacher. Submit attendance totals in PowerSchool.
2. Print off D&F list that is updated each week. Highlight students on list according to each GPS period.
3. Sign GPS passes to go to different rooms.
4. Manage GPS log.
5. Keep updated copies of seating charts for GPS classes/GPS log sheet.
6. Monitor behavior and help maintain an orderly and quiet atmosphere.
7. Communicate with counselors frequently to send students to the counseling office.
8. Give tests and quizzes during GPS following the teacher’s instructions.
9. Reinforce posted guidelines to GPS.
10. Monitor hallway and check student passes during seminar period.
Marginal Job Functions:
1. Keep room equipped with extension cords for computers.
2. Place chairs in correct places for number of students.
1. The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance abuse in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the district.
2. The employee shall serve as a role model for students in how to conduct themselves as mature, responsible citizens.
Martin Straub, firstname.lastname@example.org
Principal, Hays High School