Trego County Lemke Memorial Hospital - Housekeeping Department is looking for a Full-time Director of Nursing - Long Term Care.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, along with a current license by the state of Kansas as a Registered Nurse
- 3 or more years of previous experience in all aspects of geriatric care nursing and management.
- Current certification in gerontological nursing preferred.
- Responsible for the overall strategic planning, communication, accountability and teamwork in the Long Term Care.
- Works cooperatively with Department Heads to assure that all goals are attained and maintained.
- Directs resident/patient care in Long Term Care.
- Manages all licensed clinical personnel.
- Consults with staff and physicians to ensure resident/patient needs are met.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the overall operations of the Long Term Care.
- Ensures compliance with resident/patient care quality standards.
- Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and is a leader in CQI activities.
- Assures competency of all personnel.
- Responsible for working cooperatively with Department Heads to formulate and maintain the budget.
- Maintains efficient and effective department operations while requiring compliance with all state, federal and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols.
- Promotes an atmosphere of harmony both within the department and with all other TCLMH departments, staff and customers.
- Demonstrates a commitment to high expectations of performance and supports staff who consistently meet those expectations with enthusiasm and a great attitude.
- Demonstrates leadership in assuring that all staff in the department are highly motivated, positive and committed to only the highest quality interactions with all customers.
- Leads by example with honesty, trustworthiness and genuine enthusiasm.
- Knowledge of MDS 3.0 assessment, implementation and review.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY:
Our application must be completed to be considered for this position. Please send application, resume, education, licensure/certifications (if applicable), to Neva Flax 320 N. 13th St., WaKeeney, KS 67672. They may also be dropped off at the hospital business office, emailed to Neva at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (785) 743-6317. To request an application by mail or email, please email or call Neva at (785) 743-2182 x101. Applications also available on our website: www.tclmh.org
Salary commensurate with education and experience. We offer a negotiable nationally competitive salary and excellent benefits.
We are a progressive CAH hospital with in-patient, swing bed, out-patient, home health, assisted living, long-term care, and clinic services.
Candidates must be energetic, possess strong leadership skills, willing to work as a team, have a positive attitude, friendly and compassionate toward patients.
For hospital information: www.tclmh.org
For community information: www.tregocountyks.com
TCLMH is an Equal Opportunity Provider/Employer (EOE) and a tobacco free campus