- Full-Time and Part-Time Position Available
- 1st and 3rd shifts available (6am-6pm and 6pm-6am)
Responsible for the direct care of those we serve and supervision of staff, in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state in which employed as well as ministry policies and procedures. Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs delegated resident care tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Contributes to continuity of care and effective communication by documenting and reporting care provided and changes in the resident’s condition to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Anticipates, recognizes, reports and responds to changes in resident/patient condition.
- Implements interventions based upon the physician's medical plan and standards of care including medication and treatments with knowledge of therapeutic intent.
- Assists residents and families with care planning, education and referrals.
- Follows regulatory and ministry standards, policies, procedures and precautions in the performance of all job duties to ensure a safe work environment.
- Assures resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Assumes responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local regulations within the assigned neighborhood.
- Provides support with Activities of Daily Living as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interprets existing policies and procedures to certified nursing assistants, certified medication aides, residents, and families.
- Supervises staff, evaluates the provision of direct resident care, and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Follows staffing guidelines and make nursing assignments according to qualifications of staff and characteristics of the resident population.
- Participates in the employee evaluation process by providing information on the clinical performance of certified nurse assistants and certified medication aides to the DON or DCS.
- Monitors staff compliance with infection control, personal protection equipment, blood borne pathogens, hazardous material handling and fire safety.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Completion of an accredited LPN program.
- A minimum of one year experience as a LPN preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Possesses working knowledge of State and Federal regulations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid license as a practical or vocational nurse in the state in which employed required.
- CPR Certification preferred for Assisted Living; required for LTC upon hire, or obtain within thirty (30) days of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must possess strong collaborative, interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, verbal and written communication skills, and a desire to create a high-performance, effective team that can produce consistent, demonstrated results.
- Must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and ministry leadership.
- Competencies needed for this position include strong interpersonal relationship skills, detail oriented, work in collaboration with others, demonstrate a high degree of integrity and personal commitment, possess strong analytical skills, be able to work independently and manage multiple deliverables at the same time.
- Ability to function in a matrix environment and demonstrate a passion to succeed be self- motivated, dependable, committed, and a willingness to see a project through to its conclusion.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.