Trego County Lemke Memorial Hospital - Rehab Department is looking for full-time Physical Therapist.
Responsible for evaluation, planning, directing and administering physical therapy modalities of treatment. Administers treatments and physical agents in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities. The staff therapist coordinates, delegates and supervises responsibilities assigned to supportive staff (RCNA, PTA, PTLA, etc.). The staff therapist participates in operational aspects of the department, maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities. Provides input in formulating budget, assists in evaluating department performance versus budget controls and takes appropriate action to remain in budget guidelines. Ensures that patient changes are accurate and entered on a timely basis. Participates in all infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety and fire safety programs. Patients can be seen under Direct Access.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for direction of the Physical Therapy Department certified staff, including Physical Therapy Assistants and Physical Therapy Aides and Restorative CNAs.
- Ability to observe and evaluate treatment effect, recommends change to physician as needed.
- Ability to perform an appropriate assessment on all patients as related to the therapy requested and provided and reassessments as per policy. This includes neonate, pediatric, adolescent, geriatric patients and the general patient population.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function or participation in rehabilitation - makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of physical therapy modalities.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Maintains department cleanliness and safety.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff and administrative team.
- Coordinates and directs patient care to ensure patients’ needs are met and hospital policy is followed.
- Maintains records pertinent to personnel and operation of the department.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and their families.
- Stays current on new treatments. Technology, and advancements through continuous education, seminars, etc.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Assists with orientation and inservice training for certified department staff members, participates in guidance and educational programs.
- Provides evaluation of certified staff including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and termination
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY:
Our application must be completed to be considerefd for this position. Please send application, resume, education, licensure/certifications (if applicable) to Neva Hendrix, 320 N. 13th St., WaKeeney, KS 67672. They may also be dropped off at the hospital business office, emailed to Neva at email@example.com or faxed to (785) 743-6317. To request an application by mail or email, please email or call Neva at (785) 743-2182. Applications also available on our website: www.tclmh.org
Salary commensurate with education and experience. We offer a negotiable nationally competitive salary and excellent benefits.
We are a progressive CAH hospital with in-patient, swing bed, out-patient, home health, assisted living, long-term care, and clinic services.
Candidates must be energetic, possess strong leadership skills, willing to work as a team, have a positive attitude, friendly and compassionate toward patients.
For hospital information: www.tclmh.org
For community information: www.tregocountyks.com
TCLMH is an Equal Opportunity Provider/Employer (EOE) and a tobacco free campus