Apply online at: https://murfininc.acquiretm.com
Apply in person at: 675 East College Drive, Colby, KS 67701
Call 785-462-7543 if you need an application mailed out.
Title Truck Driver
Supervisor Trucking Superintendent
The truck driver drives the rig truck to the job site, completes general paperwork and performs light truck routine maintenance. Perform truck loading, unloading, and load securement responsibilities.
- Operate truck lawfully and safely on highways, byways and work job site.
- Perform light maintenance of rig truck including checking all truck lights, brakes, winch lines, poles, blocks and chains.
- Accurately and thoroughly complete required forms and paperwork.
- Perform truck loading and unloading responsibilities. Loading; hooking the winch line to the load line and suck load onto the trailer. Unloading; unsecure load and shake the load off.
- Perform cargo securement responsibilities. Prepare load to be hauled to new site.
- Assemble, disassemble, and repair rigging, supporting structures, hoists, and pulling gear, using tools if required.
- Inspect rigging to ensure safety and reliability.
- Attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving.
- Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms, using bolts and clamps.
- Supply equipment to rig floors as requested, and provide assistance to roughnecks as needed.
- Select equipment such as cables, pulleys, and winches, according to load weight, size, and limitations.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to frequently lift and drag 40 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift and drag 100 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift from a tool box and carry a 35 pound hydraulic jack.
- Ability to occasionally lift and utilize 3 lb. hammer.
- Ability to consistently push and pull 10 to 15 pound gear shift levers and winch levers with very little effort.
- Ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down.
- Ability to sit in truck seat and twist back through window to reach levers.
- Ability to engage in active listening and learning — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Knowledge of applicable motor vehicle regulations, safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to attend required training.
- Utilize appropriate personal protective equipment as indicated by task.
Prefer High School Diploma or GED.
Requires current Commercial Driver’s License.
Requires some previous work-related skill, knowledge or experience.
Highly Competitive Benefit Package Includes:
100% company paid single health & dental insurance premium
Company paid life insurance
401K plan with company match