This listing is no longer available.
Part-Time Central Admissions Coordinator
Posted 1 month ago
Expires in 0 minutes
Please apply on our website at www.valleyhope.or/careers
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year work or internship experience in an office or medical office setting.
- College credit in business administration or social sciences.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Organization, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our patients, partners and/or employees.
- Answers multi-line telephone system and responds effectively to incoming callers.
- Assists with the admissions call process as directed responding to prospective patients/families with respect and kindness.
- Assists with the admissions process as directed which may include face-to-face meetings with incoming patients and their families and documentation/computer data entry of patient information.
- Performs insurance benefit verification process as directed.
- Performs medical records requests from referring providers while following HIPPA and 42CFR part 2 guidelines.
- Performs common office related tasks such as filing, faxing, and copying.
- Adheres to Valley Hope’s philosophies, policies, and procedures as well as any other regulating bodies.
- Participates in all assigned staff meetings, staff development, and training as required.
- Interacts and communicates with others (patients, co-workers, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Discusses alternative and non-traditional funding sources with prospective patient/patient families when traditional insurance coverage is not availab
- Advises prospective patient/patient’s family of financing options available through third-party provided loan programs; answers questions, provides estimates of financial responsibility, and reviews payment arrangements.
- Performs pre-qualification assessment and analysis of patient’s financial condition specific to secondary/recourse loans available through third-party provided loan program; analyzes and assesses the risk of financing requests within the framework of the company’s policies and programs.
- Maintains a current working knowledge of patient financing and alternative resources to traditional insurance for treatment.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional situations within self, including managing conflict situations in a professional manner
- Assists Central Admissions department with receiving or making follow up calls regarding admissions at the Valley Hope Association facilities.
SKILLS & ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position,
but is not an exhaustive list.
- Self-directed and motivated; able to meet established timelines.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to communicate with peers and patients/visitors.
- Ability to work in a team environment and take direction.
- Ability to give direction and motivate team members as directed.
- Ability to think creatively and meet challenges with resourcefulness.
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills.
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 word per minute.
- Good understanding of basic grammar and writing mechanics.
- Demonstrated knowledge in MS Office applications, which include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give and overview of the work environment of the
position, but is not an exhaustive list.
- Office setting, variable hours as delegated per Supervisor.
- Able to work overtime to the extent necessary.
- Sitting for extended periods of time of up to 4 hours.
- Able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
- Able to lift and carry at least 20 pounds.