We are currently accepting applications for Pharmacy Techs
- Opening in our Inpatient and Retail Pharmacy!
- No experience required as we provide on the job training and opportunities for position and pay advancement
- Various shifts available, PRN status
- No on-call shifts
- Competitive benefits including health/vision/dental insurance, PTO, and retirement
Please apply online at www.haysmed.com/careers/, and fill out the information to create your profile and 'apply' for the specific positions you are interested in. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like additional information.
PRN Rate: $10.50
Position Summary: Under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist, the Pharmacy Technician I is responsible for performing supportive clerical and technical tasks to assist the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care.
- Assists in processing medication orders through timely removal of labels from printer and prompt preparation of medications for dispensing; prepackaging bulk medications into ready to use unit dose packaging
- Answering telephone calls from medical staff, nursing, and other medical center associates
- Assists in compounding and dispensing pharmaceuticals
- Issues controlled substances to patient care areas and maintains records
- Runs reports, stocks, and maintains inventory of the automated dispensing machines and crash carts
- Inspects areas where medication is stored including proper storage conditions and removal of outdated medications
- Runs IV reports, reviews out-of-the ordinary/costly prescriptions with pharmacists, prepares and delivers intravenous admixtures or other sterile products; checks with nursing unit on continuous infusion solutions to facilitate keeping pharmacy label due times in sync with the actual projected administration time for the solution.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent preferred; 2– 3 years pharmacy technician experience preferred; knowledge of principles, methods and techniques involved in performing general pharmacy services and adapting or modifying standards of pharmacy practices for care of specific medical cases.
Certificates and Licenses: registered as a technician with the State of Kansas Board of Pharmacy or register upon hire required.