Prepares food, which is palatable and appetizing in appearance. Reads and reviews menus and recipes for preparation according to proper procedure.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares food, which is palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Performs culinary basics and all other techniques as required for food preparation.
- Follows oral or written directions, recipes, menus and instructions.
- Understands and prepares therapeutic and mechanically altered diets according to standardized recipes.
- Tastes food to assure consistency, texture and quality of product.
- Maintains food quality from production to meal service.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment and utensils using safe and sanitary procedures.
- Responsible for avoiding food waste, cleaning work area, and meeting meal schedules.
- Documents and maintains appropriate food temperatures.
- Ensures compliance with food safety standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- One to two years food preparation experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS