To Make Application, apply online:
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have a high school diploma or equivalency. Selected candidate must have a completed certificate of health and satisfactory background check before first day of employment.
HOURS: 6.5 hours per day, Monday through Friday, on days that school is in session (with 30 minute Lunch Break)
STARTING SALARY: $11.00 per hour
Beginning date: August 2019
Closing date for application: Open until filled
Position contact: Jessica Younker
323 West 12th St.
Hays, Kansas 67601
Job Definition: Manage all components of financial operations of student accounts at high school. Assist in breakfast service and meal preparation. Operate student accounting system and nutrient analysis software.
Receive money from students for meals. Maintain accounts and reports on participation as well as a la carte items.
Notify students of balances. Notify RAC nutrition staff if additional assistance is needed to collect accounts.
Maintain and set-up machines for meal service.
Set-up and run breakfast program.
Assist in preparation of breakfast and lunch.
Maintain recipes and food/beverage items on the nutrient analysis software. Enter production records daily.
Operate point of sale machine during meal services. Close-out machines. Run reports and prepare state information on breakfast and lunch. Prepare and make deposits.
1. Must be able to read and write English.
2. Must have mathematical skills required for handling money and calculating recipes.
3. Must be able to follow oral and written direction.
4. Must have the capacity to grasp and adjust to new and changing situations.
5. Manual dexterity and ability to work under pressure are desirable.
6. Ability to lift objects of 25 pounds.
7. Must be neat in appearance, clean, have good personal hygiene habits.
8. Must wear appropriate clothing, hairnet and comfortable appropriate shoes.
9. A health certificate is required stating healthy status and TB test or chest x-ray.
1. Number of hours and days are specified in work agreement. Monday through Friday; except for school holidays. Exceptions are stated in school calendar.
Nine month per year.
2. Kitchen is well lighted, ventilated and comfortable (although it may be hot in late August
and late May).
3. Much standing on feet required and some lifting.
1. Responsible to Kitchen Manager.
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Experience with computers preferred.
Cashier and customer service experience preferred.
Reliable transportation required for daily bank deposits.
Term of Employment
1. At Will
1. Performance effectiveness evaluated in accordance with USD #489 Board of Education