Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
1. Food service experience preferred, but will
2. At a minimum High School diploma or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS/EXPERTISE
1. Must be able to read, write, and speak the
English language in an understandable manner.
2. Must possess the ability to make independent
decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
3. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with
patients, residents, personnel, family members,
visitors, government agencies/personnel and the
4. Must be a minimum of 16 years of age.
5. Must be able to follow oral and written
6. Must maintain the care and use of supplies,
equipment, appearance, of work areas, regular
inspection of food service areas for sanitation,
order, safety, and proper performance or assigned
7. Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition
and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to
incorporate them into existing dietary practices.
8. Must possess the ability to seek out new methods
and principles and be willing to incorporate them
into existing dietary practices,
1. Must be able to move intermittently throughout
2. Must be able to speak English in an
3. Must be able to cope with the mental and
emotional stress of the position.
4. Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use
prosthetics that will enable these senses to
function adequately so that the requirements of
this position can be fully met, to include the
use of dietary equipment and supplies.
5. Must function independently, have flexibility,
personal integrity, and the ability to work
effectively with the residents, patients,
personnel, and support agencies.
6. Must be in good general health and demonstrate
7. Must be able to relate to, and work with ill,
elderly, disabled, emotionally upset, and at
times, hostile people within the facility.
8. Must be able to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force
frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to
10 pounds of force constantly.
1. Works In well-lighted/ventilated areas.
Atmosphere is warm for cooking.
2. Stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently
during work hours.
3. Is subject to frequent interruptions.
4. Is involved with patients, residents, personnel,
visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc.,
under all conditions and circumstances.
5. Is willing to work beyond normal working hours,
on weekends, on holidays, and in other positions
6. Is subject to falls, burns, from equipment,
odors, etc., throughout the workday.
7. Is subject to sudden temperature changes when
entering refrigerator and freezer.
8. May be exposed to heat/cold temperatures in
kitchen, storage area.
9. May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc., including exposure to the AIDS
and Hepatitis B viruses.
10. Attends and participates in continuing
educational programs designed to keep you abreast
of changes in your profession.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
1. Work with the facility’s Certified Dietary
Manager and Dietitian as necessary and implement
recommended changes as required.
2. Assure that all dietary procedures are followed
in accordance with established policies.
3. Develop and maintain a good working rapport with
inter-department personnel, as well as other
departments within the facility to assure that
food service can be properly maintained to meet
the needs of patients, residents, employees, and
4. Participate and assist in departmental studies
and projects as assigned or that may become
5. Attend and participate in workshops, seminars,
etc., as directed.
6. Prepare cereal and beverages, as well as other
designated items, in accordance with the menu and
serve to patients and residents.
7. Work on a tray line and prepare tray set up by
placing beverages and condiments on trays.
8. Serve food items in proper proportions.
9. Push carts to halls or kitchen.
10. Clean tables and name tags in residents’ dining
11. Clean work area, tables, cabinets, and floors.
12. Wash all dishes and return them to their
13. Set the tables with utensils and napkins for
14. Prepare food, etc., in accordance with sanitary
regulations, as well as out established polices
15. Assure that safety regulations are followed at
all times by all personnel.
16. Follow established Infection Control and
Universal Precautions polices and procedures when
performing daily tasks.
17. Assure that the department is maintained in a
clean and safe manner by assuring that the
necessary equipment and supplies are maintained
to perform such duties/services.
18. Report all hazardous conditions/equipment to the
Certified Dietary Manager immediately.
19. Report all accidents/incidents as established by
20. Assist in maintaining food storage and
preparation areas in a clean an properly arranged
manner at all times.
21. Dispose of food and waste in accordance with
22. Wear protective clothing and equipment when
handling infectious waste.
23. Assure that food and supplies for the next meal
are readily available.
24. Assist in inventorying and storing in-coming
food, supplies, etc.,
25. Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent patient
and resident care information.
26. Review complaints and grievances and make
necessary oral/written reports to the Certified
Dietary Manager within three days.
27. Make only authorized substitutions.
28. Assist in food preparation for special meals and
events such as parties and meeting, as well as
for outpatients and physicians, etc.
29. Answer telephone as necessary throughout the
duration of the shift.
30. This list is not exhaustive and may be
supplemented as necessary.
HOSPITAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
1. Attend facility and department meetings.
2. Participate in fire and disaster drills.
3. Follow the department dress code.
4. Wear name badge so visible at all times while
5. Be to work on time and when scheduled.
7. Follow the time clock procedures (clock in and
8. Follow facility safety policies.
9. Follow infection control policies.
10. Follow facility confidentiality policy.
11. Follow facility HIPAA and Corporate Compliance
12. Through approved workshops and in-services,
improve skills and job knowledge.
13. Follow personnel policies as stated in the
1. Be aware of and cooperate with the mission of
Gove County Medical Center.
2. Maintain good interpersonal relationships with
personnel of other departments, public,
physicians, patients/residents, and promote
positive guest relations.
3. Demonstrate the ability and willingness to
provide support to Department Managers,
Supervisors, and coworkers in a team oriented
4. Demonstrate a respectful and caring attitude
through verbal and non-verbal behavior.
5. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to
contribute an effort to cross department
boundaries to ensure quality and efficient
Position Type : Part Time
Shift : Days
Gove County Medical Center
520 West Fifth Street
Quinter, KS 67752
To apply click here: http://www.govecountymedicalcenter.org/jobs/show_job.php?id=110793&category=Dietary&sub=