This listing is no longer available.
Posted 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Expires in 0 minutes
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Groundskeeper.
- Day shift
- No nights, no weekends
- Competitive benefits including health/vision/dental insurance, PTO, and retirement
Please apply online at www.haysmed.com/careers/, and fill out the information to create your profile and 'apply' for the specific positions you are interested in. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like additional information.
Starting Pay: $10.50/hour + commensurate with experience + benefits
The Groundskeeper independently performs routine walk through inspections and completes basic maintenance and/or repair of buildings and grounds; receives, completes and documents basic service requests and will assist in complex service requests; completes routine lawn, irrigation and snow removal maintenance; and maintains lawn, irrigation and snow removal equipment.
Certificates and Licenses: A valid drivers license with an acceptable driving record and must be insurable through the medical center’s insurance carrier; additional certification may be required for certain settings or populations. Specific information and the timeframe in which such certification must be attained will be provided by the department director/manager/supervisor at time of hire/transfer into department.
- Completes daily maintenance of grounds by mowing, weed eating, snow/ice removal on sidewalks and parking lots, trash removal, watering of plants, and minor repairs or painting
- Completes the following steps for equipment maintenance, checks and repairs by: making shift rounds, checking equipment for normal operations, observing meters and gauges, and making adjustments necessary for normal and efficient operation; starting and stopping equipment to ensure all safety equipment is working; and contacting management/contractor if outside service/repairs are needed
- Monitors chemicals for adequate inventory supply; chemical rotation and disposal; ordering and stocking new inventory; and performing preventative maintenance on pumps and tubing damage; and checking for proper chemical dispensing to ensure a safe environment
- Ensures safe driving techniques of the vehicles under adverse weather conditions; loading and unloading the vehicles, maneuvers around obstacles; ability to maneuver vehicles through heavy traffic and difficult loading dock entries; completes daily maintenance of the vehicles by checking and filling gas, oil, transmission, windshield wiper and brake fluid levels, air pressure of tires and safety reversing audio signal is working; completes minor maintenance and repair problems or notifies management if additional maintenance needed; logs vehicle in and out when in use; plugs in vehicle block warmers when necessary; and cleans snow and ice from vehicles
- Completes preventive maintenance (PM’s) tasks as scheduled; receiving weekly generated report of PM’s; testing and completing maintenance on equipment (inspecting and cleaning equipment, changing filters and belts, etc.); contacting management if additional service/maintenance is needed; documenting time and services completed; and closing out work order
- Retrieves and reviews work order requests; prioritizing order of requests; communicating status of work order with requestor; reviewing and gathering proper tools and parts required for work order; completing requests as scheduled; notifying management if unable to complete requests; documenting time and requests completed; and closing out work order.
- Completes landscaping, plumbing and concrete as requested on renovation projects; recording time and material expended on project; completing capital budget time sheet; relocating furniture, equipment, and inventory as requested
- Provides mentorship in a positive environment by sharing knowledge and expertise with fellow staff and other pertinent individuals/facilities