This listing is no longer available.
Central Sterile Tech (full-time)
Posted 7 months ago
Expires in 0 minutes
Full-Time, 10:30 am -7:00 pm
The central sterile technician independently performs routine processing of medical instrument sterilization; troubleshooting of equipment; equipment maintenance, checks and repairs; monitoring of chemicals; and distribution of instrument trays.
- Chooses proper sterilization method (low temperature sterilization method – heat sensitive and steam sterilization); assembles, strings and inventories instrument tray according to protocol; wraps items according to protocol using wrap or peel pouch; loads sterilizer racks; documents and labels items sterilized; applies required biological spore test pack; loads and starts sterilization cycle; and reports missing, broken or faulty instruments to management
- Distributes processed items to appropriate user departments and receives outdated items for reprocessing
- Inventories trauma tray; replenishes and documents items pulled from backup inventory stock for trauma tray; and reports pulled and needed inventory to supervisor
- Trouble shoot equipment breakdowns: monitors temperature gauges to ensure proper performance; monitors temperatures to ensure chemicals are performing as designed
- Completes steps for equipment maintenance, checks and repairs
- Monitors chemicals for adequate inventory supply; chemical rotation and disposal; logs and dates new inventory; checks for pump efficiency and possible leaks and spills
Please apply, visit: www.haysmed.com/careers
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like additional information.