Qualifications: High School education or equivalent required. Accompanying experience preferred. Excellent keyboard skills are necessary.
Hours: 12:00 - 3:04 and evenings as needed
Starting salary: $13.11 per hour
Beginning date: September 2019
Closing date for application: Open until filled
To make application, please visit:
Purpose: Accompany and assist students with choral related rehearsals and events.
Responsible to: Supervisor
1. Must have high school diploma or equivalency.
2. Accompanying experience preferred.
3. Excellent keyboard skills.
4. Proficient in sight-reading.
5. An annual performance evaluation by supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
1. To accompany all choral rehearsals at Hays Middle School.
2. To accompany all choral performances for Hays Middle School groups.
3. To assist in preparing students for district/state choir events, vocal contest and dinner show literature during seminar period.
4. To model dependability and professionalism to students.
Marginal Job Functions:
1. To assist director in the day-to-day operations in the choral classroom when the director seeks assistance (duties to include, but not confined to accepting and issuing student passes, taking roll, collecting money, etc.). Students should be instructed to seek permission from the director first.
2. To assist in the organization and regular maintenance of the choral library.
Special Physical Requirements:
1. Must be able to sit at a piano most of the day.
2. Must have manual dexterity required to play the piano.
1. The employee must observe and follow all school district policies at all times.
2. The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance abuse in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the district.
Terms of Employment:
1. At will.
2. Regular attendance is required of all employees subject to allowed leave in accordance with district policy.
3. Selected candidate must pass background check.
4. Selected candidate must provide health and inoculation certificate.