Qualifications: Must have a high school diploma or equivalency. Prefer candidates with experience working with young children.
Hours: 5.5 hours per day, Monday-Friday
Starting salary: $11.35 per hour
Beginning date: December 9, 2019
Closing date for application: Open until filled
To Make Application, apply online:
Position contact: Michelle Dannels
2501 E. 13th
To assist teacher and share responsibilities to ensure a well-managed center. Also to provide information and support to families.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides an open and inviting learning environment
• Provides positive guidance to children, encouraging self-discipline and problem-solving.
• Implements lesson plans and individualized programs plans developed by teacher/coordinator.
• Works with the teacher to organize the environment to support children’s development.
• Supports children’s learning in every area of the classroom and outdoors.
• Participates in team teaching possibilities.
• Assists with on-going assessment by collecting items for children’s portfolios and writing anecdotal observations as assigned.
2. Engages and supports children and families to enhance life skills.
• Establishes and maintains rapport with families which is open, honest and caring.
• Attends and assists with parent meetings.
• Models skills which promote healthy environments for children.
• Assists families in meeting goals including health requirements.
3. Provides a safe and healthy learning environment.
• Follows staffing pattern as assigned by teacher to ensure children’s safety.
• Performs cleaning and organizing duties as assigned.
• Assists teacher in providing positive guidance to children.
• Promotes preventative wellness.
4. Maintains an open communication system.
• Practices open communication with staff, families, and volunteers.
• Participates in school wide activities.
5. Promotes and respects the Code of Ethical Conduct as set forth by NAEYC.
• Maintains a professional manner and appearance at all times.
• Insures confidentiality
• Adheres to a mandatory reporting policy for child abuse and neglect.
6. Completes all other duties as assigned.