compensation: $10- 12 an hour depending on experience and additional compensation for tax preparation
employment type: contract
In need of a contractual part time bookkeeper. The ideal candidate must be very experienced with Quick Books Online and be able to use all its functions!!!
Hours will range from 15-25 hours a week with the possibility of more hours depending on work load and speed. The candidate will be responsible for posting quickly, accurately and daily all bank, credit card, payroll, accounts payable and receivable transactions, process payroll and enter the payroll journal entry and have the ability to produce monthly financial reports for review.
Tax experience a plus and will be compensated in addition to their hourly salary for preparation of tax returns. Organize and maintain all client files and documents maintained in a secure cloud based platform. Hours are flexible after training phase. Some Saturdays will be required during tax season.
- Daily posting of all expenses, income, vendor invoices and deposits
- Weekly reconciliation of all bank and credit card accounts
- Provide regular monthly reports for review
- Ensure timely processing and posting of payroll and journal entries
- Maintain client files and folders organized
- Help produce a mail out contact list and work with advertising agency in weekly ads
- Assist in tax preparation ( will work out additional compensation plan for preparation of tax returns)
• Experienced in accounting and bookkeeping and must understand what a debit and credit are
• Proficient in Quick Books Online, Dropbox and Microsoft Office suite
• Strong organizational and analytical skills and very detail oriented.