We need an experienced and responsible construction laborer in the Hays area to join our residential remodel company. We want to offer you competitive pay and opportunities for advancement. Collaborate with some of the hardest-working professionals in the industry and take advantage of leading tools and equipment provided by our company for your use. Take pride in working alongside other respected construction laborers to provide top-quality construction services in the residential remodel setting. Join our team and learn how fulfilling it is to be rewarded appropriately for your efforts while you develop your skills.
• Operate a variety of hand and power tools, including drills, various corded saws, pneumatic tools, and other tools as directed by management.
• Clean and prepare construction sites as needed, including work area isolation, removing and properly disposing of debris and waste materials, and work area safety preparation.
• Shovel materials to and from construction areas, including concrete debris and dirt.
• Follow all safety procedures on the job site and report violations immediately to management.
• Maintain a safe and clean job site by handling materials and storing them properly, picking up and removing all tools and equipment when not in use, and securing the job site on a daily basis.
• Load and unload construction supplies from trucks manually and in coordination with various delivery companies.
• Report incidents immediately to the job-site foreman in accordance with incident reporting procedures.
• Travel out of town to work on remote job sites as directed by management.
• THE INTENT OF THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS TO PROVIDE A REPRESENTATIVE SUMMARY OF THE MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERFORMED BY EMPLOYEES IN THIS JOB. EMPLOYEES MAY BE REQUESTED TO PERFORM JOB-RELATED TASKS OTHER THAN THESE SPECIFICALLY PRESENTED IN THIS DESCRIPTION, AND WILL BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ANY TASKS REQUESTED BY THE SUPERVISOR AND/OR BY THE MANAGEMENT.
Job Skills & Qualifications Required:
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to travel out of town during the week or on weekends, as needed
• Ability to lift heavy items in excess of 50 lbs
• Ability to work safely at heights above 10 ft
• Candidate must possess an exceptional work ethic and be able to work effectively on days with extended work hours
• Candidate must be able to work unsupervised for short periods of time
• High school diploma or equivalent
• One or more years of construction/remodeling experience