Position: Location Support Assistant
Location: Ellsworth, Ks
# of Openings: 1
Reports to: Store Manager
Employee Status: Full Time, Permanent
The Location Support Assistant provides administrative support and customer-facing / greeting responsibilities for the KanEquip location. This position assists the Store Manager in ensuring good communications with Corporate and assists with required accounting paperwork. He/she supports the store’s functional departments as needed. If time is available, with approval from the Store Manager, some corporate tasks may also be delegated to these individuals.
Job Responsibilities (ranked in significance):
- Company Values: Ensures all company values are adhered to and promoted. This would include leading by example and participation in employee recognition programs.
- Customer Greetings / Phones: Ensure all walk in customers are greeted professionally and that all phone calls are answered and handled by the store in a professional, timely manner. Help ensure any customer satisfaction issues are resolved by the appropriate personnel.
- General Administrative Support: Manages incoming / outgoing mail / email, and store accounting paperwork in a timely and accurate manner. Assists with accounting transactions (cash receipts / disbursements, credit card receipts, expense reports, etc.). Assists Store Manager with paperwork, calendar, email, etc. as required. Assists with filing as needed. In some locations, can assist personnel with retrieving and distributing information off of websites (i.e. sales programs). Orders / maintains office supply inventory.
- Wholegoods Sales Paperwork: Assists the Salespeople with their paperwork, including auditing before submittal to Corporate to ensure accuracy and completeness. Assist with contracts, warranties, trade values, credit applications, TIDS, payments, green sheets, etc. Manages the request for tags and forms from Corporate, and can help place tags on equipment. Enters information into Basic as needed, including TIDS, green sheets, etc. May do shortline vendor specific support, such as retrieving invoices from websites.
- Equipment Manuals: ensures all equipment manuals are filed timely and accurately on receipt, and available for sales or trucking upon a sale or transfer. Audits these files quarterly and resolves any discrepancies.
- Promotional Items / Marketing: Manages the store’s supply of promotional items, working with Corporate Marketing to select appropriate items, order, inventory, and disperse appropriately. Assists store with marketing efforts, customer mailings, thank you notes, and local events.
- Parts & Service Paperwork: In some locations, assists the Parts Department and Service Department with their counter and paperwork needs, including invoice matching, transmittal of resale / exemption certificates, contacting vendors on in sales tax issues, and service work order comments and processing.
- Clean Work Area: Ensure own desk and surrounding area is always clean and orderly. This may include customer waiting area, literature area, showroom in general, restrooms, employee breakroom, etc.
- Administration / Procedures: Helps Store manager ensure all corporate policies and procedures are followed, including those regarding Accounting (paperwork processes) and HR (vacation requests, etc.)
- Communications: Ensures good communication within location, and with other locations / employees.
- Corporate Support: If available time exists after store requirements are met, he/she may assist corporate in specific projects. These would be approved in advance by the Store Manager, and included on any performance appraisal.
- High school degree. Some college experience desirable.
- Retail experience, clerical / administrative experience highly preferred. Experience with agricultural equipment is desired.
- Excellent retail sales and customer relationship skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Expertise with computer systems, including MS office and internet-based applications
- Ability to work occasional extended hours during the week and for weekend coverage.
Acceptable Motor Vehicle status, with current driver’s license, and ability to operate motor
Medical, vision and dental Coverage
Disability and Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Paid time off
Apply online at www.kanequip.com or contact our Recruiter at 785-458-3325