Husky Hogs, LLC of Long Island, KS is seeking full-time Nursery Site Manager to join our team. The Nursery Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily projects and staff members, to ensure quality health of the piglets. Our company is growing and our production is expanding rapidly. This position will join the current nursery team, including two Site Managers, and will oversee one of our three nursery sites.
We offer top-level wages with a wage package offer that is specific to your needs, with great career and financial growth opportunity. Wage packages include nursery, audit, safety, sign-on, and other incentivized bonuses; vacation, paid holidays, and company-paid health and dental insurance.
Job duties include, but are not limited to, overseeing and assisting with the below projects:
· Ensuring all animals have feed and water (piglets require feeding gruel 3 times/day, which is physically demanding).
· Sorting animals by size/weight when received at the facility.
· Assist in shipping animals from nursery sites to finishing sites.
· Examine animals in order to detect symptoms of illness or injury.
· Administer injections to animals, either to prevent or cure diseases.
· Remain composed with animal morality.
· Use controls to maintain specific building environments required for animal health and safety.
· Carry out regular maintenance repairs/service mechanical systems.
· Maintain a high level of cleanliness in all work areas.
· Maintain records to document daily animal observation, treatments given, vaccinations, feed consumption, equipment maintenance, daily project completed, etc.
· Withstand working in high temperatures (90+ degrees) for extended periods of time.
· Taking no less than two showers daily (at the facility – all products for showering are company provided).
· Lifting 15+ pounds, repeatedly, for several hours throughout the day.
· Lift up to 50 pounds.
· Standing on hard floors for several hours at a time.
· Kneeling, squatting, and bending repeatedly.
· Fine motor skills.
· Ability to climb a ladder.
· Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening, and random screening throughout employment.
· Pre-employment background check.
If you are looking to join a team-oriented working environment, with a strong Company Culture and growth opportunity, we may be the fit for you! Apply online or give us a call at 785-854-7666 for questions about the position. We are an equal opportunity employer.