Agriculture Parts Lead-Full time
Location: Garden City, KS
KanEquip has been in business for over 52 years, starting in Wamego, KS. In 1999 KanEquip was formed by merging several locations together. KanEquip is currently one of the largest equipment dealers in North America. KanEquip has grown to having 14 locations across Kansas and Nebraska with over 300 employees. Our main lines are New Holland and Case-IH along with many great shortline companies. KanEquip’s mission is “to be a leader and trusted partner in providing quality products, support and innovative solution to agricultural producers in the Midwest”. KanEquip would love to make you a part of our family and team!
$18-$22/hour, plus commision
The Parts Lead provides leadership and accountability for the people management and financial performance of their department. Responsibilities include people management; inventory planning and control; retail operations such as merchandising, marketing, and promotions; and excellent communications with customers and other store personnel.
Job Responsibilities (ranked in significance):
- Company Values: Ensures all company values are adhered to and promoted. This would include leading by example and participation in employee recognition programs.
- Financial Objectives: Achieves all financial objectives for the department, including revenue, margin, expense, and operating profit.
- Marketing: Works with the Parts & Accessories Program Manager to develop and execute parts promotions and inventory strategies, with appropriate forecast and purchasing adjustments. Works with the Store Manager to manage local marketing activities as needed, including customer events, vendor events, and local advertising.
- Retail Operations: Ensures department is staffed appropriately for all weekday, weekend, and afterhours support; takes a leadership role at ensuring parts and accessories are promoted and merchandising, considering manufacturer promotions and season of use. Ensures back office / warehouse storage is clean and organized.
- Inventory Planning: Effectively plans inventory needs in accordance with planned inventory levels and customer needs; submits special / stock orders per established procedures.
- Inventory Control: Ensures proper inventory shortage control through diligent receiving, shipping, and sales processes. Performs physical inventory counts on a regular basis, complete physical inventory annually.
- Development: Takes personal initiative to maintain a current knowledge of parts and accessories, including bulletins and safety information to protect all parties.
- Employee Recruitment, Performance and Development: Assists Store Manager in recruiting new personnel for the dealership; ensures all employees have an individual performance / developmental plan; conduct professional formal annual evaluation each year for all employees; take corrective action as needed in conjunction with HR.
- Planning: Establishes, monitors, and executes financial and operational objectives for the department.
- Customer Satisfaction / Communication: Ensures high level of customer satisfaction as measured by customer surveys, feedback from customer events and interactions, and random customer contact. Greet all customers within 20 seconds of arrival. Ensures customer expectations are met,(billing notification backorder notification, etc.), including extraordinary efforts at meeting commitments. Take effective action to resolve any customer issues that occur.
- Administration / Procedures: Ensures all corporate policies and procedures are followed, including those regarding Parts, Accounting, HR, and other operational requirements. Match invoices and packing slips and send approved paperwork to Corporate Accounting in a timely fashion.
- Communications: Ensures good communication within location, and with other locations / employees. Collaborates with other managers in the store to optimize total store performance through flexible resource management and mutual support.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience in parts operations and sales, preferably at a dealership.
- Previous people management experience preferred
- Ability to professionally lead, develop, and motivate others
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Good knowledge of sales techniques and methodologies; knowledge of retail pricing principles and discounting.
- Working knowledge of retail merchandising, as well as parts storage and warehouse store methods preferred.
- Inventory management and control knowledge and experience preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Expertise with computer systems, including MS office and internet-based applications
- Ability to work extended hours during the week and on weekends
- Ability to travel to company meetings and training events as needed
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle status, with current driver’s license, and ability to operate motor vehicle
Medical, vision and dental Coverage
Disability and Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Paid time off
Apply online at www.kanequip.com or contact our Recruiter at 785-458-3325