Valley Hope in Norton Kansas is hiring a full-time IS-System Administrator to join our team and our mission of changing lives.
With a 50-year legacy of helping patients and families, Valley Hope is nationally-known as a trusted, effective provider of addiction treatment and recovery services. Our essential mission of helping people reclaim their lives and realize their full potential in recovery is driven by dedicated team members and supported by a people-first culture. Valley Hope seeks team members looking to achieve professional growth by meeting the challenge of saving lives every day.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Organization, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our patients, partners and/or employees.
- Responsible for providing and managing a reliable computing system infrastructure for the working environment.
- Responsible for maintaining, upgrading, monitoring, optimizing, troubleshooting, and supporting systems including computer and servers systems, hardware, approved business software, network, and telecommuting systems.
- Responsible for administering the data backup/archiving and recovery processes; enforcing the disaster recovery protocols when advised.
- Maximizes system uptime and ensure fast, efficient data access to meet business requirements.
- Assists the IS Technology Support Service Manager and the IS Tech Support staff as required to maintain high customer service satisfaction.
- Prioritizes work orders effectively and ensures high quality and quick work order resolution.
- Develops, organize, and maintains documentations of systems and processes (including ticket documentation, system architecture diagrams, etc), for historical and education proposes for continuous growth.
- Recommends and enforces best practices, system policies, and data safeguards to all technical levels to meet regulatory requirements.
- Recommends updates to business continuity and disaster recovery protocols; participates in security audits and makes policy recommendations.
- Adheres to Valley Hope’s and department specific policies, philosophies, procedures, and standards as well as any other regulating bodies and including all aspects of the development and implementation of software.
- Interacts and communicates with others (employees, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Required: minimum amounts of education or experience required to qualify for the job.
- Associate’s degree in computer science, information system management, information technology, or related fields, or other technology certified training.
- Three (3) plus years of work experience in computer-systems related discipline or equivalent
professional/academic training (with related certification program).
- Advance understanding of information technology systems including various operating systems, system security, databases, data backup/recovery methodologies, scripting tools, and network concepts.
Preferred: desired qualifications of a candidate for the job
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or other related discipline.
- Five (5) plus years of work experience in computer-systems related discipline.
- Desired certifications include: CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Server+, CompTIA Security+, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Advance understanding and experience of information technology systems including various operating systems, system security, databases, data backup/recovery methodologies, scripting tools, and network concepts.
SKILLS & ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
- Demonstrates integrity and trust; with the ability to handle and maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Attention to detail, creativity and latitude.
- Ability to think critically, to evaluate, and to problem-solve complex technical problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to articulate technical issues to non-technical management in a way that is understandable, strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work without close supervision; is self-directed and motivated to accomplish tasks, meet objectives and committed timelines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize competing demands and effectively manage multiple tasks and/or projects while being responsive and flexible.
- Ability to listen, collaborate with others, and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated knowledge of penetration and vulnerability tools, firewall protocols, anti-virus software, patch management systems, encryption, data backup/recovery strategies, etc.
- Ability to provide input to requirement analysis and identifies technology to provide product/process stability or improvement.
- Stays current with technology, industry trends, and shares knowledge with the team.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, which include Outlook, Word, and Excel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give and overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
- Office setting with traditional hours; must be available after hours for on-call technical support and system/networking emergencies.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time.
- Able to lift and carry at least 30 pounds
- Able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
- Must be able to travel – estimated at 5-20% of the time.