Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact by helping to conquer addiction one patient and family at a time?
Valley Hope in Norton Kansas is hiring a part-time Substance Abuse Counselor on an as needed basis to join our team and our mission of changing lives.
With a 50-year legacy of helping patients and families, Valley Hope is nationally-known as a trusted, effective provider of addiction treatment and recovery services. Our essential mission of helping people reclaim their lives and realize their full potential in recovery is driven by dedicated team members and supported by a people-first culture. Valley Hope seeks team members looking to achieve professional growth by meeting the challenge of saving lives every day.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of the Counselor I but is not an exhaustive list.
- Provides individual and group counseling, therapeutic intervention, and educational lectures to patients and family members to assist them in recognizing problems and causal factors related to substance abuse and developing alternative/coping behaviors.
- Develops, revises, and implements treatment plans in cooperation with patients to assist them in remaining substance-free and coming with social, marital, legal, financial, and/or employment problems.
- Performs assessments of patients’ needs, motivations, and backgrounds; prepares substance abuse bio-psycho-social/assessment summaries.
- Participates on a multi-disciplinary treatment team to develop and implement treatment plans.
- Establishes follow-up care for patients by making and setting up referrals such as psychological or medical services, support groups counseling, sober living housing, and/or vocational training as needed.
- Develops patient progress reports and evaluations according to Valley Hope policy and program requirements.
- Provides clinical consultation to referral resources, mentors, family members, and others to help support patients in their recovery.
- Collects and reviews referral information upon assignment of patients and consults with others as needed to support coordination of services.
- Records treatment activities and patient observations in patient records accurately and timely; completes paperwork requirements as needed in an accurate and timely manner.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Required: minimum amounts of education or experience required to qualify for the job.
- License or credential to function as an alcohol and drug treatment counselor in the state in which the Counselor is working.
- One (1) year of behavioral healthcare clinical counseling or clinical case management work experience.
Preferred: desired qualifications of a candidate for the job
- Three (3) plus years of behavioral healthcare clinical counseling or clinical case management work experience.
- Successful completion of Valley Hope Counselor Trainee Program.
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral sciences, education or social work.
- CPR certification.
Job Type: Part Time
Location: Norton KS
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER