Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN (PRN)
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact by helping to conquer addiction one patient and family at a time?
Valley hope of Norton is hiring an LPN as PRN to join our team and our mission of changing lives. Valley Hope offers competitive wages including shift differential, benefits, and meaningful, life-saving work.
Weekend Evening: $2.75
Weekend Night: $4.25
Weekend Day: $1.00
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience.
- High school diploma.
- Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse to practice in the state of employment.
- One (1) year of clinical nursing care work experience.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Associate degree in nursing.
- Three (3) plus years of clinical nursing care work experience.
- Work experience in substance abuse treatment facility.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job but is not an exhaustive list.
- Licensed Practical Nurse provides nursing care support of prescribed treatments and medication interventions as established for each patient.
- Implements nursing care in accordance with Valley Hope’s medical philosophies, policies, and procedures as well as any other regulating bodies to ensure quality patient care.
- Licensed Practical Nurse administers drugs, medications, treatments, and tests as allowed by law.
- Assists with detox admissions and provides patient care support during patient detoxification process including pre-screening of patients, obtaining physical assessment data and health history, administering detox treatment plans, and monitoring of patient.
- Licensed Practical Nurse records treatment activities and patient observations in patient records accurately and timely; completes paperwork requirements as needed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates with nursing supervisors, nursing staff, and clinical staff regarding patients’ treatment and status.
- Licensed Practical Nurse follows established policies and procedures for all medical emergencies (i.e., convulsions, suicides, Delirium Tremens, etc.).
- Oversees non-licensed nursing staff as instructed by and under the direction of the facility Nursing Director.
- Licensed Practical Nurse maintains and demonstrates a current working knowledge of applicable medical procedures and nursing care base don company policy and State and Federal guidelines.
Job Type: PRN