Position Title: Parts Shipping and Receiving Specialist
Reports To: Store Manager or Parts Manager
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Employee Status: Full Time, Permanent
KanEquip has been in business for over 52 years, starting in Wamego, KS. In 1999 KanEquip was formed by merging several locations together. KanEquip is currently one of the largest equipment dealers in North America. KanEquip has grown to having 14 locations across Kansas and Nebraska with over 300 employees. Our main lines are New Holland and Case-IH along with many great shortline companies. KanEquip’s mission is “to be a leader and trusted partner in providing quality products, support and innovative solution to agricultural producers in the Midwest”. KanEquip would love to make you a part of our family and team!
The Parts Shipping & Receiving Specialist is responsible for ensuring the timely and quality handling of incoming and outgoing parts, small equipment, and mail. Keeps parts storage areas and work areas clean and safe. Does daily runs to bank, Post Office, other areas as needed in Wamego
Job Responsibilities (ranked in significance):
- Company Values: Ensures all company values are adhered to and promoted. This would include leading by example and participation in employee recognition programs.
- Receiving: Signs for incoming shipments, completes paperwork with detail of receipt, completes tickets for customer special order goods; stocks all incoming parts into appropriate storage areas.
- Shipping: Packs parts and equipment as necessary for safe and secure shipment. Completes all required paperwork for outbound shipments (UPS or common carrier). Loads outbound equipment as needed by hand or with forklift.
- Daily Trips / Errands: Performs daily and as-needed trips to locations in the Wamego area including bank and post office. Other locations such as Nemaha Coop as needed.
- Retail Operations: Assists manager in ensuring store is appropriately staffed for customer demand and inventory management. Ensures back office / warehouse storage is clean and organized.
- Inventory Control: Ensures proper inventory shortage control through diligent receiving, shipping, and sales processes. Maintains clean, well-stocked and attractive merchandise displays. Assists in performing physical inventory counts on a regular basis, complete physical inventory annually.
- Development: Takes personal initiative to maintain a current knowledge of parts and accessories, including bulletins and safety information to protect all parties.
- Administration / Procedures: Ensures all corporate policies and procedures are followed, including those regarding inventory, closing of tickets in a timely manner, etc.
- Communications: Ensures good communication within location, and with other locations / employees. Leverage manager and Parts Program Manager as needed for any difficult questions and parts lookups.
- High School or GED degree required.
- Experience with shipping / receiving operations required, with experience in a dealership preferred.
- Good retail sales and customer relationship skills
- Inventory management and control knowledge and experience preferred
- Expertise with computer systems, including MS office and internet-based applications
- Ability to work extended hours during the week and on weekends
- Ability to travel to company meetings and training events as needed
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle status, with current driver’s license, and ability to operate motor vehicle
Medical, vision and dental Coverage
Disability and Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Paid time off
Apply online at www.kanequip.com or contact our Recruiter at 785-458-3325