General Position Summary:
The Intervention Specialist serves as a full-time liaison in support of students’ school performance. Targeted interventions for At-Risk students will be communicated through the classroom teacher, parents, administrators, counselor and other necessary certified support staff members or outside agency personnel. They will report to the building principal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify at-risk students based on data collected.
- Consult with classroom teachers at grade level meetings to determine strategies for assistance and help with setting intervention groups.
- Utilize, implement, and promote ongoing staff development for teachers and paraprofessionals with respect to MTSS.
- Implement and document for the purpose of the General Education Intervention, along with classroom teachers.
- Implements targeted student achievement curricular at Tier II while providing regular updates to principal and classroom teachers.
- Collaborates with building officials and support staff to design an individualized plan for each identified at-risk student.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor`s degree is required; Master`s degree preferable
- Current Kansas Teaching License
- Minimum of three successful teaching years of experience with involvement in collecting assessment data and developing interventions.
Applications for this position may be found at https://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfiles/2058/certified_application.pdf and mailed to USD 208, 527 Russell Ave, WaKeeney, KS 67672 or emailed to email@example.com