Wildcat has the ability to self-perform many types of civil construction including earthwork and site prep, concrete and asphalt paving, civil and structural concrete, rock excavation, piling and sheet piling, sub-grade stabilization, and water/waste-water treatment facilities. We also have a tremendous amount of experience with all underground utilities including sanitary sewer, water, storm sewer, and main electrical distribution.
The Sherwood Companies have a proven track record of completing a variety of projects from General Construction, to Construction Management and Design Build Projects for both public and private owners. A brief summary of the types of projects include, urban expressways, bridges, underground utilities, dam construction, asphalt/concrete paving and water/wastewater treatment plants.
The employee is responsible for operating a directional drill. The incumbent will need to operate in a safe and efficient manner following all personal protective equipment (PPE) and process requirements. Travel may be required. This role is classified as safety sensitive.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and safe
- Could operate directional drill, graders, roller, booms, dozers, scrapers, blades, loaders, etc. to move and grade earth
- Move levers, depress foot pedals and turn dials to operate power machinery, such as power shovels, stripping shovels, scraper loaders or backhoes
- Perform minor maintenance and adjustments on equipment
- Understand the use of equipment in various jobs such as: trenching, excavating, loading, leveling, rough grading and finishing
- Become familiar with digging plans and with efficient and safe digging procedures
- Observe hand signals, grade stakes or other markings when operating machines to work can be performed to specifications
- Operate machinery to perform activities such as backfilling excavations, vibrating or breaking rock or concrete
- Move materials over short distances
- Other duties as assigned
INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTOR COMPETENCIES
- Work Standards
- Continuous Improvement
- Initiating Action
- Contributing to Team Success
- Managing Work (Time Management)
- High School or Degree or GED required
- Must be at least 18 years old
- 2-3 years of experience of directional drill operation preferred
- CDL Class A with Tanker endorsement preferred
CERTIFICATION/OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools
- Operation monitoring
- Control precision
- Depth perception
- Manual dexterity
- Reaction time
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, stoop, bend, walk, climb ladders, reach, grasp, push/pull, twist, and lift heavy objects (50 lbs.)
- Safe negotiation of uneven terrain in various weather conditions
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively verbally communicate, see close and at distances, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to outdoor elements.