Position Description: Full-time Custodian position working at Gross Coliseum, Cunningham Hall, and the Lewis Field Facility. Regular hours are Monday – Friday, 2:00pm to 10:30pm, with occasional weekend hours required.
· Primary responsibility of custodian is to clean the assigned building in such a way as to promote health and safety. Following proper procedures and protocols.
· Responsible for general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, and furniture.
· Operate and maintain power equipment and hand tools: floor auto scrubbers, carpet extractors, high pressure washers, high speed floor buffer and vacuums.
· Dust and clean the facilities and furnishings.
· Sweep and mop floors.
· Vacuum and shampoo carpets.
· Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors.
· Empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers.
· Clean and sanitize restrooms using established practices and procedures and refill restroom dispensers.
· Wash interior and exterior windows.
· Assist with setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences rooms, and events.
· Perform cleaning and related activities such as removing snow or debris from sidewalks and outside grounds.
· Replace light bulbs.
· Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Academic and Athletic event set up and tear down. (sporting events, hosting events, commencement etc.)
Application Process: To apply for this position, please visit https://fhsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CAREERS. Only electronic applications submitted through the webpage will be accepted.