Qualifications: High School education or equivalent required. Must perform custodial duties as required.
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 12-month position
Starting salary: $12.34/ - $18.83/hour + shift differential as applicable
· Full District Paid Single Medical and Dental Coverage
· Free Annual Eye Exams included with Medical Coverage
· Ancillary and Voluntary offerings include Vision Materials Coverage
· District Paid Basic Life Insurance ($10k), Voluntary Life
· Short Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness, Identify Theft Insurance
· Flexible Spending for Medical Expenses and Dependent Day Care
· Monthly District Contribution to Health Saving Account as applicable
· 403b Retirement Plan with 2% District Matching
· KPERS - State of Kansas Retirement Program
· Tuition Assistance partnership with FHSU
· Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
To make application, please visit: https://www.applitrack.com/haysusd489/onlineapp/
Rusty Lindsay, Director of Buildings and Grounds
Dianne Johnson, Physical Plant Operations Specialist
Under the direct supervision of the Principal, Director of Facilities, and Business Manager, performs general cleaning and maintenance in school buildings and grounds; maintains equipment in functional condition; and provides cleaning and custodial assistance to students, teachers, visitors and others as necessary.
Performs related duties and general maintenance work as required.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses hand tools of trade and related power equipment, including brooms, mops, floor cleaning and waxing machines, vacuum cleaners, snow blowers, shovels, power mower and hand tools.
Follows all applicable safety rules, procedures and regulations governing the proper use of tools and power equipment used in the performance of duties.
Wears appropriate safety gear, including masks.
Must comply with school district's chemical hygiene program and follow MSDS sheets.
Occasional travel between schools, or between schools and central office, may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt