PATIENT CARE AIDE (PCA): 6:00pm - 6:00am
Norton Valley Hope has an exciting opportunity for a Patient Care Aide to join our dedicated and passionate team!
For over 50 years, Valley Hope has specialized in providing addiction treatment and recovery services to those in need. We meet our clients where they are with love, compassion and respect, and guide them towards a journey of Recovery. This is the Valley Hope Way!
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact, conquering addiction one patient and family at a time? If so, Valley Hope welcomes you!
· Assists nursing staff in providing care for patients in accordance with identified treatment plans.
· Measures vital signs patients and monitors the health of patients.
· Assists patients with everyday needs.
· Communicates with nursing supervisors, nursing staff, and clinical staff regarding patients’ treatment and status.
· Records treatment activities and patient observations in patient records accurately and timely; completes paperwork requirements as needed in an accurate and timely manner.
· Transports patients as needed.
· Maintains a safe and sanitary environment applying infection control techniques and universal precautions.
· Adheres to all policies and procedures regarding patient information protection and HIPPA.
· Maintains and demonstrates a current working knowledge of applicable medical procedures and nursing care based on company policy and State and Federal guidelines.
· Obtains (within first six months of employment) and maintains Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
· Interacts and communicates with others (patients, co-workers, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
Base Pay: $11.96 -$15.24 (based on education and experience)
· Evening: $1.25
· Night: $3.75
· Weekend Evening: $2.75
· Weekend Night: $4.25
· Weekend Day: $1.00
· Health, dental, vision insurance at affordable rates
· 401k Retirement Plan
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Paid Holidays
· Tuition Assistance
· And More!
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Valid and unrestricted driver’s license is required
· Associate’s degree with an emphasis in nursing preferred.
· One (1) year of work experience in behavioral or healthcare work environment including direct patient care is preferred
· Work experience in substance abuse treatment facility.
· Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification (upon hire or within 6 months of employment)
· Patient Care Technician Certification (PCTC) is preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give and overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
· Residential and/or outpatient treatment facility setting; requires walking throughout the facility and may require unloading of food/stock in temperature extremes.
· Able to work non-typical hours, which could include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays; able to work overtime to the extent necessary.