Position Title:Ag Equipment Field Service Technician
Reports to: Service Manager (or Store Manager in smaller stores)
Location: Syracuse, Nebraska
Employee Status:Full Time, Permanent
In 1999 the merger of 4 ag equipment dealerships established KanEquip. Today, KanEquip has grown to 14 locations and proudly employees over 300 employees. As one of the largest Case IH and New Holland dealers in North America, KanEquip offers rewarding careers for our communities with excellent benefits.
As your local Case IH & New Holland Dealership, KanEquip is a leader and trusted partner in providing quality products, support, and innovative solutions to agricultural producers in the Midwest. We are the preferred agricultural equipment dealer in the Midwest recognized for exceptional customer service and rewarding career opportunities.
KanEquip-Syracuse, NE has an opening for a full-time experienced Field Service Technician to service Ag Equipment in the Southeast Nebraska area. We are looking for an efficient employee with excellent troubleshooting skills to work independently and effectively communicate with customers.
The Ag Equipment Field Service Technician is responsible for performing both basic and complex diagnostics on agricultural and construction equipment and perform repairs and maintenance on both customer-owned and dealer-owned equipment. The Field Service Technician is responsible for good customer communications as needed, ensuring a clean and safe work environment, continually develop technical skills with evolving products, and perform work at customers sites as required.
Job Responsibilities (ranked in significance):
- Company Values: Ensures all company values are adhered to and promoted. This would include leading by example and participation in employee recognition programs.
- Service Diagnostics: Performs basic / complex diagnostics on agricultural / construction / outdoor power equipment, determining what repairs are needed and/or recommended for future attention / maintenance. This can be for either customer-owned equipment primarily located at the customer’s site, or dealer-owned equipment (inspections).
- Service Repairs: Performs repairs on above equipment (electrical, hydraulic, mechanical) as requested by manager or customer. Accountable for performing quality work and attaining stated goals for efficiency.
- Service Training / Development: Participates in all requested job-related training and development, as well as taking an active interest in improving skills with other training programs.
- Service Paperwork: Completes all reports and forms for service operations in a timely and accurate manner. This would include inspection reports, warranty comments, work orders, etc. Uses CNH Asist or other internet base support services as appropriate. Uses computers / tablets for data entry as required. Ensure manager is aware of any issues / concerns which can impact customer billing or satisfaction. Ensures accurate timekeeping for job costing.
- Equipment and Tools: Maintains good condition and cleanliness of company vehicles inventory, tools, and equipment, including return of tools to storage areas.
- Safety: Follows all company and common sense safety policies, while using all required personal safety equipment. Ensures a safe work environment at the jobsite; reports any issues to manager for follow up.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with other technicians, parts, and sales personnel. Mentors Service Technician Apprentices and junior Technicians as able. Works afterhours (daily or weekend) as required.
- Communications: Ensures good communication within location, and with other locations / employees. Communicates appropriately with customers, and conveys any operational issues to manager.
The Ag Equipment Field Service Technician will primarily be based out of a service truck. Most of the work completed will be located outside at our customers property.
- Associates of Applied Science in in Agriculture Power/Technology, Diesel & Heavy Equipment or Diesel Technology preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in diagnosing and repairing Heavy, Agricultural, or Construction equipment
- Previous experience with CNH, JCB, MacDon, Kuhn and Demco equipment preferred.
- Proven knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and techniques used in the repair of Ag / Construction / Outdoor power equipment with out supervision.
- Outstanding knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Owns mechanic tool set appropriate for the work required.
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used in service shops (diagnostic equipment, forklifts, hydraulic lifts, etc.)
- Excellent communication and customer relationship skills
- Expertise with computer systems, including MS office and internet-based applications
- Ability to work extended hours during the week, weekends, holidays and after-hour calls
- Ability to travel to company meetings and training events as needed.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds as required without assistance
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle status, with current driver’s license, and ability to operate motor vehicle
The Ag Equipment Field Service Technician will be compensated with an hourly wage, plus incentive pay based on productivity. Overtime will be paid after 40 hours and additional pay for after hour calls.
As a member of the KanEquip team, you are eligible a full line of benefits. Eligibility for benefits is based on length of employment.
- Medical Coverage
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- KanEquip 401k
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Manufacture Training
- Wellness Plan