In 1999 the merger of 4 ag equipment dealerships established KanEquip. Today, KanEquip has grown to 14 locations and proudly employees over 300 employees. As one of the largest Case IH and New Holland dealers in North America, KanEquip offers rewarding careers for our communities with excellent benefits.
As your local Case IH & New Holland Dealership, KanEquip is a leader and trusted partner in providing quality products, support, and innovative solutions to agricultural producers in the Midwest. We are the preferred agricultural equipment dealer in the Midwest recognized for exceptional customer service and rewarding career opportunities.
The Light Construction Service Technician is responsible for performing both basic and complex diagnostics on light construction equipment, and perform repairs and maintenance on both customer-owned, and dealer-owned, equipment. He / she is responsible for good customer communication as needed, ensuring a clean and safe work environment, continually develop technical skills with evolving products, and perform work at customers sites as required.
Job Responsibilities (ranked in significance):
- Company Values: Ensures all company values are adhered to and promoted. This would include leading by example and participation in employee recognition programs.
- Service Diagnostics: Performs basic / complex diagnostics on light construction equipment, determining what repairs are needed and/or recommended for future attention / maintenance. This can be for either customer-owned equipment located at the shop or at customer’s site, or dealer-owned equipment (inspections).
- Service Repairs: Performs repairs on above equipment (electrical, hydraulic, mechanical) as requested by manager. Accountable for performing quality work and attaining stated goals for efficiency.
- Service Training / Development: Participates in all requested job-related training and development, as well as taking an active interest in improving skills with other training programs.
- Service Paperwork: Completes all reports and forms for service operations in a timely and accurate manner. This would include inspection reports, warranty comments, work orders, etc. Uses CNH and JCB Asist as appropriate. Uses computers / tablets for data entry as required. Ensure manager is aware of any issues / surprises which can impact customer billing or satisfaction. Ensures accurate timekeeping for job costing.
- Equipment and Tools: Maintains good condition and cleanliness of company vehicles inventory, tools, and equipment, including return of tools to storage areas.
- Safety: Follows all company and common sense safety policies, while using all required personal safety equipment. Ensures a safe work environment in his bay; reports any issues in bay or other service work areas to manager for follow-up.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with other technicians, parts, and sales personnel. Mentors Service Technician Apprentices and junior Technicians as able. Works afterhours (daily or weekend) as required.
- Communications: Ensures good communication within location, and with other locations / employees. Communicates appropriately with customers, and conveys any operational issues to manager.
- Technical degree in Agricultural or Construction Mechanics, or High School Diploma or GED with 4 years of experience in service operations.
- Proven knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and techniques used in the repair of Light Construction Equipment.
- Outstanding knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Owns mechanic tool set appropriate for the work required.
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used in service shops (diagnostic equipment, forklifts, hydraulic lifts, etc.)
- Excellent communication and customer relationship skills
- Expertise with computer systems, including MS office and internet-based applications
- Ability to work extended hours during the week and on weekends
- Ability to travel to company meetings and training events as needed
- Ability to lift 75 pounds as required without assistance
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle status, with current driver’s license, and ability to operate motor vehicle
Pay range: $18-$23 based on experience
Hourly wage plus incentive bonus based on efficiency
Overtime available after 40 hours
Medical, vision and dental Coverage
Disability and Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Account
Paid time off
Apply online at www.kanequip.com or contact our Recruiter at 785-458-3325