This listing is no longer available.
ER RN (day & night positions)
Posted 1 month, 4 weeks ago
Expires in 0 minutes
The Emergency Room RN provides general nursing care to patients, contributing to the total patient care program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides total patient care according to established standards, policies and procedures
- Admit patients to the Emergency Department, assess needs, identify nursing problems and establishes priorities of care needed to return the patient to optimal health
- Makes initial patient contact, observes the patient’s condition and vital signs, assesses and records observations in the patient’s chart and relays those findings to the covering provider.
- Assists providers with treatments and procedures during the patient stay
- Prepare patients for examination, obtain equipment needed for treatment, carry out ordered treatments, document treatments and outcomes and instruct the patient on follow up care/appointments.
- Transcribes and reviews physician orders and assures that necessary arrangements are made with other patient care departments, as ordered
- Prepares, administers and records medications, IV solutions and establishes IV access
- Provided patient and family instruction and education regarding the patient’s care throughout the ER stay and upon discharge
- Attends and participates in in-service education programs and other educational meetings as well as unit meetings
- May perform additional duties, as requested or required
KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE
Must be an RN with a current Kansas state license. BLS, ACLS and a minimum of one year of acute nursing experience are required.