Reports to: Service Manager or Service Location Manager
Independently perform complex on-site diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer agricultural and turf equipment. May require some direction or guidance from the Service Manager, Service Location Manager, or Shop Foreman.
- Performs complex on-site diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment and established AMS products.
- Reviews and explains any maintenance, repair, or other service concerns directly with the customer and documents on work orders.
- May promote and sell dealer service programs directly to customers.
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- May establish and implement effective stocking processes with the Parts Department to maintain the proper seasonal part inventory in the vehicle.
- Maintain current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintain condition of mobile service vehicle, inventory, tools, and equipment.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Accounts for all time and material used in performing assigned duties.
- Participate in John Deere training courses and other continuing education classes, as assigned.
- Perform related and other duties, as assigned.
Experience, Education, Skills, and Knowledge:
- 3+ years of agricultural experience, preferably John Deere experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to perform complex repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures.
- Expert knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment.
- Ability to use Service Advisor and perform basic computer functions.
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license is required; CDL and Fork Lift license preferred.
To apply for this position go to the link below: