Work on equipment; complete necessary paperwork; maintain excellent customer service; maintain a safe working area; participate in service training.
Essential Job Duties:
Work on equipment by:
- Properly diagnosing mechanical problems with equipment.
- Properly disassembling equipment/components, as needed.
- Repairing components and machinery.
- Properly reassembling equipment/components.
- Reporting any additional work required on equipment to ensure proper operation and safety.
Complete necessary paperwork by:
- Documenting work done in detail on segments and work orders.
- Turning in documentation in a timely fashion.
- Keeping records required to establish cost of parts and labor charge to customer.
Maintain excellent customer service relations by:
- Handling customer issues both objectively and tactfully.
- Answering all phone calls and helping customers accordingly.
- Going out on service calls, as needed.
- Treating each customer with respect.
Maintain a safe working area by:
- Maintaining and caring for shop tools, equipment, and vehicles; putting everything back in its designated location.
- Maintaining a clean work area.
- Performing work in a neat and orderly manner.
- Following all safety rules and regulations.
- Using safe practices in performing work assignments.
Participate in John Deere training courses and other continuing education classes, as assigned.
Perform related and other duties, as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience performing mechanical service repairs required
- Ag Tech Graduate or 2 years of John Deere experience preferred
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment, following Technical Manual procedures
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Ability to use Service Advisor and perform basic computer functions
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates Degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license is required
To apply for this postion use the link below: