$15.47/hr + Full Benefits Package
Early Childhood Connections (Prenatal to 3 Year Old Program)
Provides direct services and support to Early Childhood Connection families and children.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides home visits to assigned families based on “level of need”.
Develops positive relationships with families by practicing open communication skills and demonstrating a non-judgmental and empathetic attitude.
Develops individualized activity plans based on family and/or child needs and goals.
Implements a regular schedule of home visits based on family needs.
Completes paperwork related to home visits in a timely fashion.
2. Ensures that the health and social service needs of children and families are met.
Tracks immunizations and health requirements on assigned families.
Assists families in accessing health and medical services necessary to meet requirements.
Is knowledgeable of a wide variety of community services in the service area and procedures for accessing such services.
Provides a yearly screening: development, health, vision, and hearing.
Assists families in accessing social services necessary to meet their needs.
3. Assists families in developing Family Partnership Agreements.
Uses interviewing skills to guide families in identifying goals and resources.
Supports families in accessing needed resources to obtain goals.
Ensures that each assigned family has a Family Partnership Agreement in place.
4. Fulfills requirements of designated specialty area.
5. Assists families in accessing outside resources based on their needs.
6. Assists families in accessing intervention services based on results of annual comprehensive screening.
7. Promotes and respects the Code of Ethical conduct as set forth by the NAEYC.
Maintains a professional manner and appearance at all times.
Participates in the development and implementation of a professional development plan.
Adheres to a mandatory reporting policy for child abuse and neglect.
8. Completes all other duties as assigned.
Scope of Position:
Reports to the Early Childhood Connections Coordinator. Provides support to families. Receives moderate supervision from the Coordinator. Requires the ability to make decisions related to children and families. Position has limited monetary responsibility. On-going staff development is an integral part of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Technical Ability:
1. High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and a minimum of 60 hours of college credit in a related field. (Early childhood or elementary education, nursing, or social services).
2. Basic computer knowledge.
Must Pass Prior to Starting Position:
1. Tuberculosis (TB) skin test.
2. Physical exam.
3. Background Check
Willing to Certify:
1. Program Certification.
2. Child Development Associates Certification (Home Visitor).
3. Ages and Stages screening tool.
4. Administration of OAE functional hearing screen.
5. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
6. First Aid.
1. Good communication skills including oral, written, and listening.
2. Interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff, families, children, childcare providers, and community
3. Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and some weekends.
4. Willingness to work as a team player.
5. Organizational skills to deal with multiple issues.
6. Ability to identify goals for families and children.
7. Valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation.
8. Ability to drive to home visits in participating counties during scheduled home visit times, typically 8:00 am to 9:00 pm.
Spends approximately 35% of the time planning and processing paperwork in the office; 65% working with families, children, childcare providers, and community agencies. Evaluation will be the responsibility of the PFCE Coordinator.
Term of Employment:
1. Classified position based on beginning parent educator salary determined by USD #489.
2. Full-time hours, Monday through Friday, including evenings and some weekends.
3. 12 month position.
4. Work area – Early Childhood Connections office.
5. At will.
6. Regular attendance is required of all employees subject to allowed leave in accordance with district policy.
7. Selected candidate must pass background check.
8. Selected candidate must provide health and inoculation certificate.