Kansas Sales and Use Tax for those Selling at a Farmers’ Market
Want to know more about sales tax laws that apply to selling at a Farmers’ Market? Then this workshop is for you! Some of many questions that will be answered are:
- Is there a minimum number of sales or dollar amount required before collecting sales tax on sales at a Farmers’ Market?
- Which items sold are taxable and is anyone purchasing at a Farmer’s Market are exempt from sales tax?
- Are exemption certificate(s) required to be completed and signed by the customers to be exempt along with any sales to individuals selling at a farmers’ market?
- How long should an exemption certificate be kept in your records and how often is a new certificate required?
- Is an out of state customer exempt from Kansas sales and use tax?
Join us at the Thomas County Office Complex, 350 S Range, Colby, KS 67701.
Workshop is FREE but you must register at: https://ksbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events/27351
Please contact the Office Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-628-5615 for any questions!