To make application, please visit:
Qualifications: High School education or equivalent required.
Hours: 2-3 hrs/day (roughly 11:00am to 1:00pm), Monday through Friday, only on days when school is in session.
Starting salary: $9.64/hour
Beginning date: August 17, 2022
Closing date for application: Open until filled
Principal, Lincoln Elementary School
Hays, KS 67601
Under the direct supervision of the building Principal, to assist in maintaining an orderly and safe atmosphere in the cafeteria, on the playground, and in other designated locations by helping and supervising students at mealtime and playtime in accordance with Board policy and established district procedures.
- Assists in supervising students in the cafeteria during mealtime.
- Assists in making sure that tables and surrounding areas are clean.
- Assists in supervising the playground/classroom during the lunch hour.
- Assists students with orderly food purchases, distribution of food, disposal of food waste, and return of trays and utensils.
- Ensures that students remain seated in assigned areas throughout their time in the cafeteria.
- Circulates among assigned tables during the mealtime to be available as needed.
- Organizes groups of students for orderly dismissal from the cafeteria.
- Assists with supervising students in libraries, and escorting students to and from school buses.
- Reports to teachers, principal, nurse and/or security personnel as appropriate regarding infractions, safety concerns, injuries, or other issues involving students.
- May distribute textbooks, supplies or other materials as requested.
- May collect count and deposit food services program monies.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual oral skills (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to maintain composure and perform responsibilities under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality about students in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and district guidelines.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard school environment and in outdoor weather.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Successful prior experience working as a lunch or food service aide, preferably in a school district or with children.