Position Tile: Working Shop Foreman
Reports to: Store Manager or Service Manager
Location: South Hutchinson, KS
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Employee Status: Full-time, Permanent
The Working Shop Foreman assists the Service Manager in providing non-supervisory direction in the service department. While this is not a people-management position, the Shop Foreman keeps the Service Manager apprised of any personnel, customer, or operational issues. The Shop Foreman has customer-facing responsibilities, may assist with scheduling of jobs, and provides technical assistance to service technicians.
Job Responsibilities (ranked in significance):
- Company Values: Ensures all company values are adhered to and promoted. This would include leading by example and participation in employee recognition programs.
- Individual Service Work Contribution: Responsible for attaining volume and efficiency performance objectives as any technician. Ensures quality work, minimum rework.
- Customer Service / Interaction: Assists in answering questions from inbound customer calls and greeting walk-ins and taking care of their needs. Communicated with Service Manager or Service Writer on customer repairs. Monitor quality as work is completed in the shop.
- Work Scheduling and Processing: Assists in job scheduling for the most efficient performance of the department. Ensure all paperwork is completed in a timely and accurate manner, including warranty related documentation. Flat rates jobs, opens and completes work orders as required.
- Technician Assistance: Assists technicians with paperwork, computer usage, warranty descriptions and issues, local technical assistance, and vendor technical inquiries (Asist)
- Customer Satisfaction: Helps ensure high level of customer satisfaction as measured by customer surveys, feedback from calling customers on billings, customer events and interactions, and random customer contact. Take effective action in a non-confrontational manner, to resolve any customer questions or issues that occur.
- Retail Operations: Helps Store Manager in ensuring location is staffed appropriately for all weekday, weekend, and afterhours support. Assists Store Manager as needed in overall facility maintenance and upkeep.
- Facility Management / Safety: Assist in the repair and purchase of tools and shop items. Ensure a safe environment for all employees, helping to ensure employees follow safety practices in the department.
- Personal Development: Stay current with education of new products, vendor / warranty requirements and processes.
- Communications: Ensures good communication with all location personnel, particularly technicians, service writers, salespeople, parts personnel. Ensure good feedback to parts personnel on stocking levels, and sales personnel on equipment status and priorities.
- Policy / Procedures: Assists Store Manager in ensuring compliance with all policies / procedures.
- Complete Dealer Annual Reports: Reports completed on new equipment. Review used equipment inspections and get approvals from Store Manager per work approved. Perform ASIP inspections.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a technician in an agricultural dealership.
- Appropriate vocational education required; degree and certifications preferred.
- Solid diagnostic and problem solving skills required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with customers and employees required.
- Expertise with computer systems, including MS office and internet-based applications
- Ability to work extended hours during the week and on weekends
- Ability to travel to company meetings and training events as needed
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle status, with current driver’s license, and ability to operate motor vehicle