USD 489 Nutrition Services Assistant Cook
FULL TIME Positions offer Tremendous Benefit Package, including:
Job Title: Nutrition Services – Assistant Cook
Number of Work Hours: 6.5 Hours per day, school days only
Job Definition: Assist in food preparation, serving & clean up.
1. Must be able to read and write English.
2. Must be able to do simple arithmetic.
3. Must be able to follow oral and written direction.
4. Must have the capacity to grasp and adjust to new and changing situations.
5. Manual dexterity and ability to work under pressure are desirable.
6. Ability to lift objects of 25 pounds.
7. Must be neat in appearance, clean, have good personal hygiene habits.
8. Must wear appropriate clothing, hairnet and comfortable appropriate shoes.
9. A health certificate is required stating healthy status and TB test or chest x-ray.
Tools and Equipment
2. Holding equipment, stove, oven, steamer
3. Portion control equipment
4. Choice bar
5. Refrigeration equipment.
1. Responsible to Base/Satellite Manager.
1. High School Diploma or GED preferred.
2. References required.
Term of Employment
1. At Will
1. Performance effectiveness evaluated in accordance with USD #489 Board of Education