This listing is no longer available.
JCB Service Writer-Wamego, Kansas
Posted 1 month, 1 week ago
Expires in 0 minutes
The JCB Service Writer is responsible for all administrative duties related to JCB in the Service Department. He/she has key customer-facing responsibilities, scheduling dedicated JCB Technician, as well as is typically responsible for paperwork flow in the department. Additional duties can be in assisting the technicians with questions and communicating with parts personnel and the warranty department, coordinating with the General Service Manager to ensure there is optimal allocation of technicians’ time, as well as facilitating trucking and wash bay operations.
Job Responsibilities (ranked in significance):
- Company Values: Ensures all company values are personally adhered to and promoted. This would include leading by example and participation in employee recognition programs.
- Customer Service / Interaction: Responsible for answering inbound JCB customer calls and greeting walk-ins and taking care of their needs. Calls customers as needed to clarify work instructions, communicating status of repair, informing customers of additional work required and upselling customers as appropriate. Ensure customers are called prior to invoices mailed and minimize any surprises or concerns on work performed.
- Work Scheduling and Processing: Organizes job scheduling for the most efficient performance of the department. Ensure all paperwork is completed in a timely and accurate manner, including warranty related documentation. Flat rates jobs, opens and completes work orders as required.
- Technician Assistance: Assists technicians with paperwork, computer usage, warranty descriptions and issues, local technical assistance, and vendor technical inquiries (TechWeb)
- Communications: Ensures good communication with all location personnel, particularly technicians, service writers, salespeople, parts personnel. Communicate well with JCB Area Service Manager when needed as well as FSO office staff. Ensure good feedback to parts personnel on stocking levels, and sales personnel on equipment status and priorities.
- Customer Satisfaction: Helps ensure high level of customer satisfaction as measured by customer surveys, feedback from calling customers on billings, customer events and interactions, and random customer contact. Take effective action in a non-confrontational manner, to resolve any customer questions or issues that occur
- Pursue Service interval Business: Using the telematic system and the service quote tool pursue service interval work for current JCB units in the area.
- Trucking Operations / Wash Bay (if applicable): Responsible for the efficiency and safety of trucking operations, including optimum scheduling, customer satisfaction with service, and fleet maintenance. Schedules pickup and delivery of equipment for repairs, sales, and trades. Responsible for prioritizing work through the Wash Bay and billing those eligible jobs.
- Develop JCB Tech Training Schedule: Assist the service manager in developing an annual JCB Technician training schedule. Following up quarterly with the technicians involved the training mapped out has been completed.
- Retail Operations: Work in Conjunction with the Service Manager in ensuring location is staffed appropriately for all weekday, weekend, and afterhours support. Assists Store Manager as needed in overall facility maintenance and upkeep.
- Facility Management / Safety: Participates with Service Management in keeping shop and office areas clean and orderly. Assist in the repair and purchase of tools, shop items. Ensure a safe environment for all employees, helping to ensure employees follow safety practices in the department, and appropriate safety training is periodically conducted. Assist with ensuring designated JCB Technicians service vehicles are clean and maintained per guidelines.
- Personal Development: Stay current with education of new products, vendor / warranty requirements and processes.
- Policy / Procedures: Support Service Manager in ensuring compliance with all policies / procedures.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a service department, preferably as a technician in an agricultural dealership.
- Appropriate vocational education required; degree and certifications preferred.
- Solid diagnostic and problem solving skills required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with customers and employees required.
- Expertise with computer systems, including MS office and internet-based applications
- Ability to work extended hours during the week and on weekends
- Ability to travel to company meetings and training events as needed
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle status, with current driver’s license, and ability to operate motor vehicle