Position: JCB/Industrial Field Technician
Location: Remote - Central/North Central Kansas, KS
# of Openings: 1
Position Title: Experienced JCB / Industrial Mobile Field Technician
Reports to: Service Manager
Location: Remote - Central/North Central Kansas; reporting through Ellsworth Dealership
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt, Hourly - Estimated at $70K annually + Incentives
Employee Status: Full Time
The JCB / Industrial Field Technician is responsible for performing service work ranging from basic maintenance to complex diagnostics on JCB agricultural and construction equipment. Repairs and maintenance will be performed on both customer-owned, and dealer-owned, equipment, both remotely and in the store. He / she is responsible for good customer communication as needed, ensuring a clean and safe work environment, continually develop technical skills with evolving products, including company sponsored training.
Job Responsibilities (ranked in significance):
- Company Values: Ensures all company values are personally adhered to and promoted. This would include leading by example and participation in employee recognition programs.
- Service Diagnostics: Performs basic / complex diagnostics on JCB equipment, determining what repairs are needed and/or recommended for future attention / maintenance. This can be for either customer-owned equipment located at the shop or at customer’s site, or dealer-owned equipment (inspections).
- Service Repairs: Performs repairs on equipment (electrical, hydraulic, mechanical) as assigned by the JCB Service Writer. Accountable for performing quality work and attaining stated goals for efficiency.
- Service Paperwork: Completes all reports and forms for service operations in a timely and accurate manner. This would include inspection reports, warranty comments, work orders, etc. Uses computers / tablets for data entry as required. Ensure supervisor is aware of any issues / surprises which can impact customer billing or satisfaction. Ensures accurate timekeeping for job costing.
- Service Training / Development: Participates in all requested job-related training and development, as well as taking an active interest in improving skills with other training programs.
- Equipment and Tools: Maintains good condition and cleanliness of company vehicles inventory, tools, and equipment, including return of tools to storage areas.
- Safety: Follows all company and common-sense safety policies, while using all required personal safety equipment. Ensures a safe work environment in his bay; reports any issues in bay or other service work areas to manager for follow up.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with other technicians, parts, and sales personnel. Mentors Service Technician Apprentices and junior Technicians as able. Works afterhours (daily or weekend) as required.
- Communications: Ensures good communication within location, and with other locations / employees. Communicates appropriately with customers and conveys any operational issues to manager.
- Technical degree in Agricultural or Construction Mechanics, or High School Diploma or GED with 3-4 years of experience in service operations.
- Proven knowledge of methods, materials, tools, and techniques used in the repair of Ag / Construction / Outdoor power equipment
- Outstanding knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Owns mechanic tool set appropriate for the work required.
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used in service shops (diagnostic equipment, forklifts, hydraulic lifts, etc.)
- Excellent communication and customer relationship skills
- Expertise with computer systems, including MS office and internet-based applications
- Ability to work extended hours during the week and on weekends
- Ability to travel to company meetings and training events as needed
- Ability to lift 75 pounds as required without assistance
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle status, with current driver’s license, and ability to operate motor vehicle