This listing is no longer available.
Patient Care Technician- PRN
Posted 1 month ago
Expires in 0 minutes
Patient Care Technician: PRN - 12hr Shifts (6am - 6pm or 6pm - 6am)
Norton Valley Hope has an exciting opportunity for a Patient Care Technician to join our dedicated and passionate team!
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact, conquering addiction one patient and family at a time? Do you want a rewarding career in a close-knit and fun-loving environment? If so, Norton Valley Hope, a staple of the community for over 55 years, welcomes you.
Valley Hope of Norton is the ORIGINAL Valley Hope, and we take great pride in that. The story of Valley Hope begins and continues on the grounds we work every day.
Per CMS Interim Rule, all Valley Hope employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical/religious exemption.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license is required
- One (1) year of work experience in behavioral or healthcare work environment including direct patient care is preferred
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification (upon hire or within 6 months of employment)
- Patient Care Technician Certification (PCTC).
- Phlebotomy certification from an accredited agency is preferred
Base Pay: $15.00/hr
- Night: $4.25
- Weekend Night: $4.75
- Weekend Day: $1.00
- Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance
- Tuition Assistance – Up to $10K annually; $45K maximum benefit
- Student Loan Repayment
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Eligible Employer
- 8 Paid Holidays (Including 1 Personal Holiday)
- PTO – Up to 25 Days per year based on years of Services
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental Insurance
- And much more!
- Assists nursing staff in providing care for patients in accordance with identified treatment plans.
- Measures vital signs patients and monitors the health of patients.
- Assists patients with everyday needs.
- Communicates with nursing supervisors, nursing staff, and clinical staff regarding patients’ treatment and status.
- Records treatment activities and patient observations in patient records accurately and timely; completes paperwork requirements as needed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Transports patients as needed.
- Maintains a safe and sanitary environment applying infection control techniques and universal precautions.
- Maintains and demonstrates a current working knowledge of applicable medical procedures and nursing care based on company policy and State and Federal guidelines.
- Obtains (within first six months of employment) and maintains Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Perform blood collections by venipuncture and capillary techniques on patients as directed.
- Residential treatment facility setting; requires walking throughout the facility and may require unloading of food/stock in temperature extremes.