Social Worker/Addictions Counselor - Up to $7,500 Sign-On Bonus and/or Relocation Assistance
Valley Hope of Norton is in search of a Social Worker with previous experience as or a desire to become an Addictions Counselor. The successful candidate can hold any of the following credentials: LBSW, LMSW, LSCSW, LPC, LCPC, LCP, LMLP, LMFT, LCMFT, LAC, LMAC, or LCAC.
Valley Hope of Norton, located in northwest Kansas, has provided residential drug and alcohol addiction treatment services since 1967. Valley Hope of Norton is the ORIGINAL Valley Hope, and we take great pride in that. The story of Valley Hope begins and continues on the grounds we work every day.
At Valley Hope, the work of every team member matters. The work we do every day saves lives and builds hope for the future. Our work is mission-driven, supported by a strong culture of teamwork and a compassionate environment that is the foundation of the Valley Hope organization.
Per CMS Interim Rule, all Valley Hope employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical/religious exemption.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree with emphasis in behavioral sciences, education, or social work.
- Licensed or credential to function as an alcohol and drug treatment counselor in the state in which the Counselor is working. The successful candidate can be licensed as Counselor, Social Worker, Psychotherapist, or Therapist. Candidates with the following credentials can be considered: LAC, LCAC, LMAC, LBSW, LMSW, LCSW, LSCSW, LPC, LCPC, LCP, LMLP, LMFT, LCMFT, PLADC, LADC, PLMHP, or LMHP.
- Minimum of one (1) year of behavioral healthcare clinical counseling or clinical case management work experience.
- CPR certification is preferred
- Up to $7,500 Sign-On Bonus and/or Relocation Assistance
- Salary ranges from $55,000 - $65,000/yr based on education and experience
- Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance
- Tuition Assistance – Up to $10K annually; $45K maximum benefit
- Student Loan Repayment
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Eligible Employer
- 8 Paid Holidays (Including 1 Personal Holiday)
- PTO – Up to 27 Days per year based on years of service
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- And much more!
- Provides individual and group counseling, therapeutic intervention, and educational lectures to patients and family members.
- Develops, revises, and implements treatment plans.
- Performs assessments of patients’ needs, motivations, and backgrounds; prepares substance abuse bio-psycho-social/assessment summaries.
- Participates on a multi-disciplinary treatment team to include participating in weekly staff meetings, any staff development, and training as required.
- Develops patient progress reports and establishes follow-up care for patients and their families as needed.
- Provide clinical consultation to referral resources, mentors, family members, and others to help support patients in their recovery.
- Maintains and demonstrates a current working knowledge of applicable counseling procedures and substance abuse treatment in accordance with company policy and State and Federal guidelines.
- Collects and reviews referral information upon assignment of patients and consults with others as needed to support coordination of services.
- Records treatment activities and patient observations in patient records accurately and timely;
- Residential treatment facility setting; requires walking throughout the facility.
2 WAYS TO APPLY:
- Visit our career site: www.valleyhope.org/careers and search for this opportunity OR
- Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org