Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in calculating, posting and verifying duties to obtain and record financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records. Compiles composite reports from individual reports of subordinates required by management of government agencies. Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow. Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Demonstrates the ability to direct and coordinate the patient accounting function in order to consistently produce accurate bills which are paid in a timely manner.
· Monitors activities continually with collection agencies, insurance companies, Admitting, Health Information Management Services, Information Systems, patients and physicians, coordinates operation and recommends corrective action, as appropriate.
· Effectively utilizes and understands the departmental computer system(s) in order to realize its optimal potential and to be able to evaluate and answer staff member questions regarding the mechanics of the system(s).
· Demonstrates tact and diplomacy when setting patient accounts and responding to physicians’ requests to discount patient bills; follows established hospital guidelines.
· Works effectively with auditors in locating various patient bills as required; demonstrates cooperation and responsiveness.
· Maintains a current awareness of third-party reimbursement regulations and contractual arrangements.
· Demonstrates the ability to devise more efficient methods and systems for getting the work done in the department; reduces the use of time and effort to an effective minimum; institutes changes in techniques and procedures as necessary.
· Organizes the department in a manner that is consistently responsible to patient/customer needs.
· Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
· Consistently demonstrates good organizational skills in the routine accumulation of statistical information and reports it to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in an accurate and timely manner.
· Effectively coordinates the Patient Accounts function with Accounts Receivable, Admitting, Health Information Management Services and Nursing departments on a routine basis.
· Effectively maintains all required records for the department; demonstrates good organizational skills.
· Continually works toward establishing an environment within the department which reduces the “paper shuffle” through increased use of computer technology and more effective methods of activity consolidation.
· College graduate (in business-related field) – Preferred
· High School graduate or equivalent – Required
· Previous hospital experience in all aspects of business office functions – Preferred
Apply Online at www.grisellmemorialhospital.org!
For more information about this opportunity, contact Melanie McKee, HR Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (785) 731-2231.