Responsible for receiving insurance and patient payments. Contacts patients/families with outstanding balances to make payment arrangements. Verifies, processes and records payments. Answers patient payments questions. Performs minor secretarial duties. Participates in the department’s performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Receives insurance and patient payments and posts to correct patient account.
· Identifies and corrects billing information when applicable; updates patient demographic information as needed.
· Able to prepare monies for bank deposit.
· Answers the telephone professionally and in a timely manner; directs call appropriately.
· Answers questions from patients/families concerning account balances, makes financial arrangements.
· Treats patients with respect, maintains confidentiality.
· Demonstrates the ability to assist patients and insurance companies with billing problems.
· Orders itemized bills for patients and insurance companies when requested.
· Maintains a professional, working relationship with the insurance companies, government agencies and third-party payers.
· Responsible for contacting the appropriate agency/company to resolve account collection problems.
· Communicates to the Business Office Manager those accounts that need to be sent to the collection agency after all collection efforts have been exhausted by the hospital.
· Sorts and delivers interdepartmental mail.
· Demonstrates a good working relationship within the department and with other departments.
· Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and organized.
· Accepts other duties as assigned.
· Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
· High School graduate or equivalent
· A minimum of six (6) months’ experience in bookkeeping/accounting.
· Knowledge of bookkeeping/accounting procedures.
Apply Online at www.grisellmemorialhospital.org!
For more information about this opportunity, contact Melanie McKee, HR Director, at email@example.com or by calling (785) 731-2231.