Full Time Teacher Assistant - ECC USD 489
10:00 AM - 5:30 PM 12 month position
General Function: To assist teacher and share responsibilities to ensure a well-managed center.
1. Provides an open and inviting learning environment
2. Engages and supports children and families to enhance life skills.
3. Provides a safe and healthy learning environment.
4. Maintains an open communication system.
5. Promotes and respects the Code of Ethical Conduct as set forth by NAEYC.
6. Completes all other duties as assigned.
Scope of position: Reports to the teacher. Receives moderate supervision from teacher and central office staff. Supervises children and volunteers. Works with 1-8 staff members and volunteers. Position requires decisions regarding duties and responsibilities. Moderate decisions need to be made related to children and families. Assumes supervision of the classroom during the absence of the teacher. Ongoing staff development is an integral part of the position.
Knowledge, skills, and technical ability: Must have a High School Diploma or General Education Degree. Prefer candidates with experience working with young children.
Willing to certify:
Must pass prior to starting position:
Working conditions: Assistants work 98% of the time in the classroom. Conditions include a high noise level and a fast-paced schedule. About 2% of the time is spent working with families or in the community. Must be able to lift, move and handle up to 50 pounds. Position requires much physical activity interacting with children and requires the ability to work in a noisy environment. Office space may be shared with other staff.
Compensation: Based on the USD 489 Paraprofessional Salary Schedule and benefit package. Compensation will be provided for non-district days worked.
Monday - Friday on days school is in session.
• Free Annual Eye Exams with Medical Coverage
• Ancillary and Voluntary offerings include Vision Materials Coverage
• District Paid Basic Life Insurance, Voluntary Life
• Short Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness, Identify Theft Insurance
• Flexible Spending options for Medical Expenses and Dependent Day Care
• District contribution to Health Saving Account
• District contribution to 403b retirement plan in addition to KPERS - State of Kansas Retirement
• Paid Time Off
• Seasonal Breaks, Weekends, Holidays Off
Apply Online At: