We are looking for an IT Support Technician to provide daily end-to-end technology support including hardware, operating systems, applications, and peripherals. This individual will support basic server functions as required by the Data Operations Supervisor. This position is based in Hays, Kansas.
Nex-Tech Wireless is a premiere wireless provider offering high-tech wireless solutions to residents in 40 counties of central and western Kansas, as well as 4 counties in Colorado. Nex-Tech Wireless focuses on providing its customers cutting edge technology including data and mobile services, the latest wireless equipment, and competitive wireless plans that provide nationwide coverage.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot user hardware including computers, printers, scanners, and point of sale devices.
- Configure and maintain software applications including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and vendor-specific applications.
- Perform backups, security software updates, and basic firewall and switch activities including changes, upgrades, and migrations
- Assist with monitoring a complete inventory of all hardware and software in use by the company.
- Conduct occasional hardware maintenance on various hardware including telephony, security, and access control systems.
- Create and maintain appropriate network, systems, and troubleshooting documentation.
Requirements: Associate degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience, plus a minimum two years’ work experience. Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems, basic networking concepts (routing, firewalls, VLANS, etc.), and Microsoft Office required. Experience with or knowledge of Microsoft Exchange or other Microsoft service applications, endpoint security programs, and VMware products preferred. Microsoft, CompTIA, or similar certifications beneficial. A background check will be required for this position. Applicant must live within a 30-minute drive of the facility.
A fun work environment!
A path for advancement and growth!
Life, health, vision, and dental insurance
401(k) retirement plan
Interested applicants should submit an online application at www.nex-techwireless.com and send a current resume and cover letter to Nex-Tech Wireless, Human Resources, 3001 New Way, Hays, KS 67601, or e-mail to email@example.com. Position open until filled. Nex-Tech Wireless is an EEO employer.