DiscoverStuff User Agreement
Before you may become a member, you must read and accept all of the terms and conditions in this User Agreement.
This Agreement is effective on October 3rd, 2011, for current users, and upon acceptance for new users.
While using our service, you understand:
- All postings, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or other materials ("Content") posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Service, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated.
- You understand that DiscoverStuff does not control, and is not responsible for Content made available through the Service, and that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable.
- We reserve the right to edit, alter, or reject any listing, message or account deemed offensive to our users, or suspected of being illegal. This includes listings portraying unhealthy animals and animals in unhealthy living conditions.
- We reserve the right to edit, alter, or reject any listing, message or account which advertises any competing services or products sold by DiscoverStuff or any of our affiliates. This includes auction sites or using the site in an auction manner.
- Free accounts without number of listings restrictions are limited to non-commercial use.
- Commercial use is allowed with two options available. Commercial users can post a single listing for free. Commercial users can post multiple listings for a fee. If listings are posted in an incorrect category, they will be subject to deletion. Business accounts are defined as anyone who has a federal tax ID, state business number, federal FFL license, advertisement in typical media locations (e.g. directory, television, radio, vehicle logo,etc) or if any reasonable person would consider it a business (e.g. consistent items being placed to be sold). Multi level marketing products are also considered businesses and will require a business account. Non-profits are considered commercial accounts therefore will be required to follow the commercial account guidelines.
- The site and Content available through the Service may contain links to other websites, which are completely independent of DiscoverStuff or any of our affiliates.
- DiscoverStuff doesn't review the listed items for recalls and are not responsible if a listed item has been recalled.
- Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties.
- You agree that DiscoverStuff or any of our affiliates shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that DiscoverStuff or any of our affiliates is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby release DiscoverStuff or any of our affiliates, its officers, employees, agents and successors in rights from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and / or our service.
While using our service, you will not:
- Post content or items in an inappropriate category or areas on our sites and services.
- Violate any laws, third party rights, copyrighted material or our policies.
- Use our sites or services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts, are under the age of 18, or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from our sites.
- Post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content (including personal information).
- Post spam or chain letters.
- Distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm DiscoverStuff, affiliates, or the interests or property of our users.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, with or without their consent.
- Intentionally renew or recreate listings in order to gain a better position within the site.
- Intentionally post negative information about another user or business.
DiscoverStuff and the Community work together to keep our sites and services working properly and the Community safe. Please report problems, offensive content, and policy violations to us.
Without limiting other remedies, we may limit, suspend or terminate our service and user accounts, prohibit access to our website, delay or remove hosted content, and take technical and legal steps to keep users off the sites if we think that they are creating problems, possible legal liabilities, or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. We also reserve the right to cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time.
You will not hold DiscoverStuff or any of our affiliates responsible for other users' content, actions or inactions, or items they list. You acknowledge the site is a venue to allow anyone to offer, sell, and buy just about anything, at anytime, from anywhere, in a variety of pricing formats and venues. We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. We have no control over and do not guarantee the quality, safety or legality of items advertised, the truth or accuracy of users’ content or listings, the ability of sellers to sell items, the ability of buyers to pay for items, or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction. DiscoverStuff bears no responsibility or liability for the content on or items sold through Nex-Tech Classifieds, and DiscoverStuff is not providing any advice regarding the legal requirements for the sale or transfer of firearms. All parties are responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal laws applicable to the sale of firearms, and may want to contact a Federal firearms licensee, i.e., a licensed gun dealer, to assist in the sale or transfer of firearms, especially if the buyer and seller live in different states.
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. DiscoverStuff reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel listings in their sole discretion.
Business listings will be billed on the same day each month the account was setup. Listings created or renewed under a business account will be considered billable. DiscoverStuff recommends business users create personal accounts for non business items to avoid errors in billing.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
You will indemnify and hold us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees), harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
Last updated 1/17/13 – JM – Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org – 877-344-2037