Gove County Medical Center
P O Box 129
Quinter, KS 67752-
Gove County Medical Center is seeking an addition to our team as a PRN Radiologic Technologist. This position may include vacation and illness coverage. Modalities performed consist of X-Ray and CT.
1. Must be a graduate of an accredited program in radiologic technology and possess a valid license or be a Licensed Radiologic Technologist from the Kansas Board of Healing Arts. AART License Required.
2. Experience preferred but not required.
Primary Duties:JOB FUNCTION:
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain the care and safety of patients undergoing transportation, treatment.
2. Use equipment correctly to minimize hazards of electrical shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
3. Demonstrate care and use of supplies, films and equipment.
4. Instruct and/or assist patients in proper gowning and prepare for radiographic and fluoroscopic examinations.
5. Determine most suitable anatomical posture or position and shields patients accordingly.
6. Practice medical and surgical aseptic procedures.
7. Interact professionally and supportively with patients and/or families, providing an explanation of the procedures being conducted.
8. Show initiative in duties performed and be prompt in carrying out orders for tests and procedures.
9. Instruct nursing personnel on the proper preparation for the radiological procedure.
10. Show proficiency in all routine examinations.
11. Keep current with advances and changes in the field of Radiology.
12. Accurately obtain mandatory information such as a signed consent form, pregnancy information, iodine sensitivity, renal function, patient history, etc., which may have an impact on the current examination.
13. Properly mark, label, develop, and prepare images for Radiologists.
14. This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
HOSPITAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
1. Attend facility and department meetings.
2. Participate in fire and disaster drills.
3. Follow the department dress code.
4. Wear name badge so visible at all times while working.
5. Be to work on time and when scheduled.
7. Follow the time clock procedures (clock in and out properly).
8. Follow facility safety policies.
9. Follow infection control policies.
10. Follow facility confidentiality policy.
11. Follow facility HIPAA and Corporate Compliance policy.
12. Through approved workshops and in-services, improve skills and job knowledge.
13. Follow personnel policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
1. Be aware of and cooperate with the mission of Gove County Medical Center.
2. Maintain good interpersonal relationships with personnel of other departments, public, physicians, patients/residents, and promote positive guest relations.
3. Demonstrate the ability and willingness to provide support to Department Managers, Supervisors, and coworkers in a team oriented manner.
4. Demonstrate a respectful and caring attitude through verbal and non-verbal behavior.
5. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to contribute an effort to cross department boundaries to ensure quality and efficient service.
KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS/EXPERTISE:
1. Ability to communicate well with patients, employees, physician's etc.
2. Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with peers and employees.
3. Must be able to handle confidential information successfully.
4. Ability to work with people under all conditions.
5. Ability to handle stress.
6. Ability to carry out policies and procedures as outlined.
1. Eye/Hand, Eye/Foot, Hand/Foot Coordination.
2. Normal eyesight, with or without corrective lenses.
3. Normal hearing, with or without hearing aides.
4. Motor coordination and manual dexterity.
5. The ability to bend, stoop, crawl, kneel.
6. The ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
1. Various lighting conditions throughout the department.
2. Prolonged amount of sitting, standing, and walking throughout the day,
3. Work with people under all conditions.
4. Meet and talk with a wide variety of employees, visitors, and patients.
5. Close visual work.
6. May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases.
7. Lifts and supports weights of 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 50-100 pounds of force occasionally; could be subject to strains.
8. Works under emergency situations.
9. Responsible for 24-hour call.
10. Wears protective gowns and aprons.
11. Reaches for, pushes, pulls and lifts x-ray equipment.
12. Electrical and radiation energy hazards are present.
Gove County Medical Center is committed to providing exceptional healthcare services delivered in a spirit of compassionate care.
Gove County Medical Center will be a prominent healthcare provider in northwest Kansas, offering services which encompass the complete life cycle of our patients, residents, and their loved ones.
THE 4 AGREEMENTS
1. Be impeccable with your words.
2. Don't take anything personally.
3. Don't make assumptions.
4. Always do your best.
1. Demonstrate RESPECT for patients, residents, fellow employees, and teamwork.
2. Exhibit COMPASSION to patients, residents, other departments, the public, physicians, and fellow employees to promote teamwork and positive community relations.
3. Promote QUALITY HEALTHCARE for all who utilize Gove County Medical Center's services.
4. Support COMMUNITY pride and education through verbal and non-verbal behavior.
5. Exhibit ACCOUNTABILITY for situations and financial issues resulting from one's own actions.
Job duties and scheduled work hours may be changed at any time at the discretion of Gove County Medical Center.
Job is PRN and can include days, nights, weekends or general coverage.
Position Type : Pool/PRN/Per Diem
Shift : Other
Julie Litfin - HR Assistant
Radiology, Radiologic Technologist, X-ray
How to Apply:Apply online at: