This is a great opportunity to purchase a quarter of ground with excellent cropland and some of the best combination hunting in this part of Kansas.
· Just 3 miles off black top road with excellent frontage road (good rock and drainage) that allows good access to the property
· We own 50% of the mineral rights for this property and these rights will pass to the buyer upon date of closing
· Legal Description: SE/4 of Section 24, Township 8 South, Range 20 West in Rooks County, KS
Crop production acreage (98+/- acres)
· Consists nearly completely of productive silt loam soils. This area is known for excellent milo and wheat crops and we have taken a great deal of pride in our care for this land.
· Buyer would take possession of the idle acreage (98+/- acres) upon date of closing IF closing date is prior to planting of the Spring crop (first part of May)
· We have applied granular urea (100#s N) to these acres in preparation for Spring planting (not to mention applied just prior to receiving a great rain) so if possession is prior to crop planting buyer would reimburse for product and the application cost
Hunting acreage (62+/- acres)
· Abundant native grass, trees, thickets, brush and spring fed draws
· Absolute “honey hole” for deer, quail and pheasant
· Whitetail deer love to bed in the brush and thickets along the creek bottom
· Perfect quail and pheasant habitat with thickets and native grass. Multiple coveys of quail and pheasant were flushed from the property this past season
· Very diverse variety of trees and shrubs growing along the bottomlands – locusts, cottonwoods, cedars, plum thickets, etc.
· Excellent deer sign throughout the property – hard beaten deer trails along the bottoms and thousands of tracks throughout the field / several locust trees have been shredded / multiple community buck scrapes can be found under numerous low hanging branches
· We have taken several awesome whitetail and mule deer on this property
· In addition to this property there are many additional hunting and recreational opportunities in this area as well – located just a few miles South of Webster Reservoir and the South Fork of the Solomon River.
I will upload some pictures of the land tomorrow. I also have more pictures of the deer taken on this property if requested.