Qualifications: Must have a high school diploma or equivalency. Selected Candidate must have a satisfactory criminal background check and a KS Certificate of health prior to first day of employment.
Hours: 5.75 Hours per day, Monday through Friday when school is in session
Starting salary: $11.35 per hour
Beginning date: August 10, 2020
Closing date for application: Open until filled
To Make Application, apply online:
Hays High School
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Must have high school diploma or equivalency.
3. Must have the ability to communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with both children and adults.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Take attendance each class period according to the attendance strategy of each teacher. Submit attendance totals in PowerSchool.
2. Print off D&F list that is updated each week. Highlight students on list according to each GPS period.
3. Sign GPS passes to go to different rooms.
4. Manage GPS log.
5. Keep updated copies of seating charts for GPS classes/GPS log sheet.
6. Monitor behavior and help maintain an orderly and quiet atmosphere.
7. Communicate with counselors frequently to send students to the counseling office.
8. Give tests and quizzes during GPS following the teacher’s instructions.
9. Reinforce posted guidelines to GPS.
10. Monitor hallway and check student passes during seminar period.
Marginal Job Functions:
1. Keep room equipped with extension cords for computers.
2. Place chairs in correct places for number of students.
1. The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance abuse in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the district.
2. The employee shall serve as a role model for students in how to conduct themselves as citizens and as responsible, intelligent human beings.
Term of Employment:
1. At will.
2. Regular attendance is required of all employees subject to allowed leave in accordance with district policy.
3. Selected candidate must pass background check.
4. Selected candidate must provide health and inoculation certificate.
1. Performance effectiveness evaluated in accordance with provisions of Kansas Statutes and USD 489 Board of Education policy.
2. Evaluation will be the responsibility of the supervisor.